Fuel transfer pump?

Looking forward to next season and trying to figure out a good way to transfer fuel.   Does anyone have any experience with pumps that mount to a 55gal drum?   Was thinking about something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Fuelworks-10305708A-Transfer-Extensible-Suction/dp/B01LXS9XNW

•  

jc_whipsandshyt
    The latest #whipsandshyt product. The drum pump that runs on your drill battery (Dewalt version coming soon) Quality products at fair prices $200 call or txt to order 858 692 7211

46w

• Pasted from IG. Jeff is on this board too. Or at least he was before the crash.

•  

jc_whipsandshyt
    The latest #whipsandshyt product. The drum pump that runs on your drill battery (Dewalt version coming soon) Quality products at fair prices $200 call or txt to order 858 692 7211

46w

• Pasted from IG. Jeff is on this board too. Or at least he was before the crash.
I've seen those,  but I'd rather tap into my 12v 5th wheel receptacle in the truck for power, since the drum will always be in my truck bed.    My luck I'd forget my drill/battery,  lose it, or have a dead tool battery.  Not to mention, I don't have Milwaukee or Dewalt tools....and don't want to go down the rabbit hole of having different types of tools.  Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Fill Rite 15gph pump with a filter on the jockey tank on my enclosed, also have another one on a stainless 55 gal drum. Both work great but I wanted a more portable pump. Found this on on Amazon and so far it has been flawless. I used 3/4" PVC pipe with 1"OD (3/4" ID) clear hose from Lowe's. Hook it up to an old Optima battery. Just transferred 55 gallons using it yesterday.

Screenshot_20210519-141735_Amazon Shopping.jpg

20210519_150739.jpg

20210519_150745.jpg

20210519_150759.jpg

Fill-Rite and GPI offer lots of options for fuel transfer.....never been a fan of the alligator clips to a battery sitting above the fuel tank....sparks...BOOM! 
Just my thoughts. 

I have a Fill Rite 15gph pump with a filter on the jockey tank on my enclosed, also have another one on a stainless 55 gal drum. Both work great but I wanted a more portable pump. Found this on on Amazon and so far it has been flawless. I used 3/4" PVC pipe with 1"OD (3/4" ID) clear hose from Lowe's. Hook it up to an old Optima battery. Just transferred 55 gallons using it yesterday.

View attachment 4587

View attachment 4591

View attachment 4592

View attachment 4593
Looks like that works but it's like something a little easier to fill my buggy directly with at the dunes.     Alligator clips near gas is sketch! 

View attachment 4587

View attachment 4591

View attachment 4592

View attachment 4593
I have that same pump, and have had it for 3 years now.  Flawless.

Looks like that works but it's like something a little easier to fill my buggy directly with at the dunes.     Alligator clips near gas is sketch! 
Takes a lot for 12v to light up fuel. You can always extend the power cable and put it 25' away if that makes it safer for you. I don't use this set up to full my car but wouldn't have an issue with it. 

Fill-Rite and GPI offer lots of options for fuel transfer.....never been a fan of the alligator clips to a battery sitting above the fuel tank....sparks...BOOM! 
Just my thoughts. 
That battery is sitting on top of a tool box, not a drum. 

View attachment 4587

View attachment 4591

View attachment 4592

View attachment 4593
This is what I do also....works great.

got me a 60 gallon transfer tank/tool box combo with a filtrate 15 gum pump and filter.this will be my 4th season and don't thing I would do it any different

Back