Fuel Pump

Spark2678

Reaction score
I have a 5.3LS built by Alper in my Funco and lately I have to turn the ignition on few times to get the pump to prime properly or it just cranks.   Doesn’t happen all the time but sometimes.  Anyway I think it’s the pump, not filters.  Regulator is fine, it’s new and when running it’s pegged at 60lbs at idle.   My fuel pump is a Walbro 255LPH high pressure pump.  If I go spend some money and go aeromotive will the a750 be fine?  I see some say a1000 but it seems to much.

Not familiar with the Walbro pumps but if they're available why not just replace like for like? 

I had it for my northstar before I went LS swap.  I would love a better quality pump now.

I had it for my northstar before I went LS swap.  I would love a better quality pump now.
A1000 are common in the dunes. And if it fails you can get a replacement at Joe Fabs for $720 like my buddy did over New Years weekend.

I like the LPH being higher.  Never heard of AEM.  
AEM is good. You can get an A1000, but you’d also need to neck down fittings and it’s a big ass pump. Need a 1000hp fuel pump? If not, you’re probably just heating the fuel with it constantly moving back to the tank at warp speed, assuming your regulator is large enough to do so. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the AEM for my LS2 and it works fine. It's a direct replacement for a Bosch 044, you can get a billet mount for it on eBay or Amazon for about $25. You can also get the inlet and outlet adapters for whatever size of fuel line you are using, I use a -8 inlet and a -6 outlet. If I ever get a new fuel tank I'm going to switch it over to a -10 on the inlet. The only negative thing I can say about mine is that it's noisy, the headsets take care of that though.

Seems like either an air leak or a difficult routing on the suction side. These pumps don't like to suck... if the line drains and it needs to prime every time that likely what you are experiencing. 

Back