Fuel line

Yes, and I figured it was. But to be honest I’m a little afraid to mess around with fuel fitting and never having done it with kids in the back seat!

Yes, and I figured it was. But to be honest I’m a little afraid to mess around with fuel fitting and never having done it with kids in the back seat!

What's to say the guy at the hose shop, will be more careful than YOU??

Just do a little homework and order the pieces you need online.

I like the black cloth wrapped material personally, for a whole lot different reasons.

Cut the lines with a Sharp chissle and a BIG hammer, on a block of wood. Nice clean cuts this way with no little pieces to get left In the lines.

Assemble with a lot of silicone lube and your good to go.

Buying a set of AN wrenches will probably be cheaper than paying someone else anyway.

But enough line to make a few practice cuts. It's easy. 👍🏼

I did all of my own lines when I redid my car.
Buy the tools from Koul tools. PN 468 and 1016 will get you the correct tools to make all size lines.

After you cut the line, blow out with compressed air.
Lots of lube and use only AN wrenches or you will scratch the new fittings.

A crimped hose end, which is what you will get at a place that makes hoses, is much better than a hose end that is assembled with wrenches.

A crimped hose end, which is what you will get at a place that makes hoses, is much better than a hose end that is assembled with wrenches.

Better in what way??

If you're talking massive pressure, like brake or power steering lines, then you are most likely correct.

Fuel lines? AN fittings are fine.

I've made 1/2 steel fuel lines with AN fittings before. Just to be on the safe side (routing them under a car).

The hose/line being used is far more critical, than the actual fitting it's self.

Better in what way??

If you're talking massive pressure, like brake or power steering lines, then you are most likely correct.

Fuel lines? AN fittings are fine.

I've made 1/2 steel fuel lines with AN fittings before. Just to be on the safe side (routing them under a car).

The hose/line being used is far more critical, than the actual fitting it's self.
Yup. Made my own PTFE fuel lines three years ago and they are all still holding up perfectly.

Back