Fuel Filter questions

Greylynn

Reaction score
About to take off my fuel filters to check them out.  Car has a pre and post pump filters. Before I go digging into these. Anyone happen to recognize what brand they are? I don't see any markings on them. I'm wondering if they have reusable filters in them, or if they have a replaceable filter in them. How often do you guys service these? Thanks for the assistance in advance! I'll be changing the oil, and taking a look at these this weekend. Car is a Buckshot with a Turnkey LS2, and Kenny Bell charger.

IMG_7437.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those will come apart and you can clean the internal screens. Kartek and or McKenzies will have these but like i mentioned you can service those and re-install / re-use. 

Should be serviced every pre-season prep. 

Those will come apart and you can clean the internal screens. Kartek and or McKenzies will have these but like i mentioned you can service those and re-install / re-use. 

Should be serviced every pre-season prep. 
Ok, thanks, that what I was thinking. What micron are the pre and post filters usually? 

Usually 100 before the pump 10 after the pump . 

10 micron filters smaller particles than 100 
This is accurate. The 100 micron pre-filter should be stainless mesh and you can clean it. The 10 micron post-filter should be paper and needs to be replaced. Those aren't Areomotive housings but they take the same Areomotive filter, around $20 at Kartek or Mckenzie's. Make sure you change the O ring too, the new filter will come with one. 

If you're running E85 the 10 micron filter needs to be a Areomotive Glassmat filter. The paper comes apart with E85 engines.

This is accurate. The 100 micron pre-filter should be stainless mesh and you can clean it. The 10 micron post-filter should be paper and needs to be replaced. Those aren't Areomotive housings but they take the same Areomotive filter, around $20 at Kartek or Mckenzie's. Make sure you change the O ring too, the new filter will come with one. 

If you're running E85 the 10 micron filter needs to be a Areomotive Glassmat filter. The paper comes apart with E85 engines.
And why I said Double Check me!  :dude:

Well I swapped them out today. They took the Aeromotive 12601 filters. O-Rings weren't the same size though, mine are way bigger, had to use the old ones. I'm going to try to find out what these filter bodies are, or I"ll have to size them and find some. 

IMG_7455.jpeg

Well I swapped them out today. They took the Aeromotive 12601 filters. O-Rings weren't the same size though, mine are way bigger, had to use the old ones. I'm going to try to find out what these filter bodies are, or I"ll have to size them and find some. 

View attachment 58738
You put 10 micron filters in both housings? Pre filter should be 100 micron.

BTW always have a spare 100 micron filter in the spares.

Oh chit yes....

My Bad too many zeros

You put 10 micron filters in both housings? Pre filter should be 100 micron.
I put a 100 micron pre pump, and a 10 micron post pump. 12604 and 12601

Back