Front tire size suggestions

EastMT

Reaction score
Current front tire size is 6.8-15 and the rears are sandblaser 33-15. Car is a 2 seat Sand Limo Squirt.

Are  8.5-15 or 10.75-15 front tires too much for a 103" wheelbase?

Would the increase  to the 31" or 33" diameter provide a noticably better ride thru choppy rutted dunes as compared to the 6.8-15?

I know this is subjective but is it worth the cost?

Any downfall to the larger diameter tires except for needing to upgrade the steering?

8.50 will work, had them on my Squirt. The 10.75 is too much tire for the spindle. I ran my fronts at 6-7lbs with bead locks and they were great.

image.jpeg

I used these on the sand and dirt.  I went to a "sand front runner" & it made no difference in performance. 

8.50 will work, had them on my Squirt. The 10.75 is too much tire for the spindle. I ran my fronts at 6-7lbs with bead locks and they were great.
Thanks! I don't want to exceed the rating of the spindle.

Current front tire size is 6.8-15 and the rears are sandblaser 33-15. Car is a 2 seat Sand Limo Squirt.

Are  8.5-15 or 10.75-15 front tires too much for a 103" wheelbase?

Would the increase  to the 31" or 33" diameter provide a noticably better ride thru choppy rutted dunes as compared to the 6.8-15?

I know this is subjective but is it worth the cost?

Any downfall to the larger diameter tires except for needing to upgrade the steering?
If you have 33 blaster rears, 8.50 is a perfect match up front. Slightly smaller diameter to give you passive rake (transfer weight forward without lowering the front suspension). Bigger is better* for fronts since it makes all holes relatively smaller.

*Unless larger than the rears or what the spindle can handle. 

for reference,

heres a 33x15 blaster image.jpegwith a 8.80 front

Here’s my 2006 Squirt. 8.50’s on the front . Dont remember what’s on the rear but i did end up woth the Blaster 33’s

IMG_0001.jpeg

Back