Fresh air pumper

etdust

Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Thinking about getting the fresh air system but wanted to get feedback from those who have it.

Is it something that you wouldn't be without going forward?   Or just a nice perk? 

Or is it something you wouldn't bother getting again in the future?

Any feedback is much appreciated!

It’s a must have if your doing desert, otherwise it’s nice perk on warm days…..

I have had fresh air in our race cars (mandatory or smelled we'd choke on dust) and also in my sandrail, but I rarely wear a helmet. Definitely good to have in a SxS with helmets.

Thinking about getting the fresh air system but wanted to get feedback from those who have it.

Is it something that you wouldn't be without going forward?   Or just a nice perk? 

Or is it something you wouldn't bother getting again in the future?

Any feedback is much appreciated!
Gonna change your screen name after install?

If you already wear a helmet in your sandcar then I would get one for sure.   It is nice to have the air blowing in the helmet.    

I have run a few different pumpers searching for the most air movement, it really comes down to the helmet and how much air they let through.  PCI actually modifies the foam to help direct air flow over your forehead or directs it towards you face.  Another big thing to get used to is the helmet skirt, the pumper really does not work without it.  One thig you have to get is the Maglock quick hose connection.  

S&B pumper- super jet engine loud, moves a lot of air and pulls the most amperage, stupid heavy and stiff vacuum hose is garbage

Rugged-loud, moves decent amount of air, hoses have hard plastic ends hard to get onto the pumper

Parker Pumper old school squirrel cage design- quiet, moves air well,  pulls low amperage and their hose is the lightest 

Hard to beat the airflow, sand intrusion, and longevity of a moto helmet and goggles. Assuming no windshield. 

Racing days, I’ve had them all. Inside temps would exceed 150* on hot days.  The thing that keeps you the most cool is something like this:

https://competitionmotorsport.com/products/coolshirt-complete-club-system-all-in-one-kit?variant=43204980310235&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAADp5hZlHiIhhFVM7pyY3yJYGUR44a&gclid=Cj0KCQiAhc-sBhCEARIsAOVwHuTSW3aiFbf79QLc6VSTyb3hkWtJhSaH4BGoJs7BCMdR8pc7Q5az3FQaAit7EALw_wcB

I combined it with one of these:

https://www.ogracing.com/products/coolshirt-cool-a-clava-balaclava-1504-0001?variant=31776286408770&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=Cj0KCQiAhc-sBhCEARIsAOVwHuSQz0VT9UZ1WZzbdQnsifcbFJK5WEjSB0OwUTBKA4EdGlTNMOcywPkaAqGGEALw_wcB

But it’s waaaaay overkill for 99% of sand use. If it was below 100*F out, I didn’t run the shirt because I’d be shivering halfway through a race. 

Back