French Door Screens

Punchdrunk Monkey

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for French Door screens? We just had 3 French doors installed, not time for screens. I'm in Poway (San Diego) if that matters.

We had the retractable screen doors put in.  Clearview was what we went with and had no regrets.  They were expensive but we had the cheaper ones before and they all ended up being junk and had to be replaced.  The ClearView brand we bought has lasted and has had no issues!

^^^ Neighbor has the retractable on his front doors (like french doors but open in) He likes them 

A good quality retractable door is very nice.

Unless you have young kids or dumb dogs like we did... :lol:  

the dogs and kids would just crawl under the screen because it will give slack(not secure at bottom, no rail)

i have 3 french doors in my house. i need to make screen doors to fit them as theres nothing "off the shelf" that i have found that is the correct dimensions.

We had iron security doors on our French doors in master bedroom (not behind any fencing and open).

I hated them. Felt like being in jail laying in bed. So we got security screens with deadbolts and locks top and bottom.

Looks almost like a regular screen door, but they have videos of people bashing with baseball bats and other things.

No problem sleeping with doors wide open all night! California screen door in Pasadena. About $1800 3 years ago.

Sorry, not a great pic of screens, just before and after.

IMG_2403.jpeg

IMG_2593.jpeg

My buddy has some on his house that are retractable. You slide one side and the other side comes out to meet it. then they lock in the middle with a magnet.  They are slick and invisible when they are open and when closed are tough enough to take a full grown man or large dog walking into them without opening or coming off a track.

However if you try to open the door with one hand the thing will fly open and slam into the jam with the speed of a SR-71 and the sound of a woman slamming a bedroom door after being told to be quiet.  To open them all you have to do is break that magnetic seal so if you try to do it with one hand you will get a dirty look from the "warden" of the house. 

Back