Ford FORScan

Morgan

Reaction score
Anyone on this site happen to be a FORScan wizard? Trying to sort out an issue with the digital dash on my Mustang, and no one local seems to be able to figure it out. Long story short, FORScan doesn't see the SCCM so a few of the steering wheel buttons don't work as they should. Will pay in cash, beer, or both. 

I dabbled in it a while back for work.  Most of the stuff I found on various forums was for trucks.  Fine for me, we only use F550s.  The way it's coded, you almost have to have two of the same vehicle to scan through to see what's different.  AND, know what line of code to look for.  PITA

I dabbled in it a while back for work.  Most of the stuff I found on various forums was for trucks.  Fine for me, we only use F550s.  The way it's coded, you almost have to have two of the same vehicle to scan through to see what's different.  AND, know what line of code to look for.  PITA
It's a pain for sure. I bought some "files" from a guy that does the digital dash conversions and FORScan doesn't even see the SCCM so I can't even save the As Built data to be able to upload these files into the SCCM. As soon as I told him about my issue, he stopped replying. Go figure. 

FWIW... IF you F it up, Ford can look your As Built by VIN, and reflash back to stock it.

FWIW... IF you F it up, Ford can look your As Built by VIN, and reflash back to stock it.
I've thought about just bringing it over to the dealer to start from square one. With it being a TT car, I'd have to take it over there, park it, flash it back to stock to do the scan work and then flash the tune back in it to be able to start and check things over. I don't really see them being all that hip to me telling the tech what to do and not do so they don't flash over my tune and brick the ECM. Thanks for the input, Gramps.

You probably wouldn't have to do anything to the ECM.  The modules communicate, but they have to have matching OG data.

To get what we needed to work for PTOs, we had to put a 4x4 cluster file in a 4x2 truck.  This was so the engine and trans would behave..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back