Floor mounted fly by wire pedal

Five.five-six

Reaction score
I’m looking for a floor mounted fly by wire pedal, better yet an adapter to convert my existing pedal to fly by wire, I’m coming up empty.  I tried searching summit and come up with about 3,000 hits… I made it through 3 pages of not what i want and gave up Kartek says they don’t have anything.  

Am I stuck modifying an OEM pedal?

I mounted the dbw pedal under the back seat and attached my existing throttle cable to that one. So essentially 2 pedals. 
I kinda want to that away from having a cable at all.   I might buy some stock SXS pedal and take a band saw and bench grinder to it and fashion something I can mount right behind my existing pedal with a short solid rod linkage.  

I kinda want to that away from having a cable at all.   I might buy some stock SXS pedal and take a band saw and bench grinder to it and fashion something I can mount right behind my existing pedal with a short solid rod linkage.  
That’s what I did. Took a stocker from a corvette or maybe it was GTO that I got with my ls2, then just sort of chopped it up a little and shoehorned and welded it back together. Kept my stock foot pedal. 3 seasons and no issue. I really wanted to avoid the extra cable. It has a super responsive feel this way, there is zero free play.

love that throttle rhythm matching in between the whoops or wherever. Give it a quick little blip and let off before the suspension unpacks and the tires start to really slip, what a great feeling. Brap brap braaap... Never felt the same before with a spongey cable setup, I won’t be going back.

E7E53B47-917B-447D-93BA-D6216BBEB8E0.jpeg

That’s what I did. Took a stocker from a corvette or maybe it was GTO that I got with my ls2, then just sort of chopped it up a little and shoehorned and welded it back together. Kept my stock foot pedal. 3 seasons and no issue. I really wanted to avoid the extra cable. It has a super responsive feel this way, there is zero free play.

love that throttle rhythm matching in between the whoops or wherever. Give it a quick little blip and let off before the suspension unpacks and the tires start to really slip, what a great feeling. Brap brap braaap... Never felt the same before with a spongey cable setup, I won’t be going back.

View attachment 15606
That may be the exact same pedal setup I have in my SU, I do have CNC break and clutch. 

Here is what I came up with, It’s off a CanAm.  I was afraid the body might get in the way of my foot going from gas to break but not even close 

79CBFD46-0F45-4782-9741-C15AB99B00DA.jpeg

Here was my solution to this issue of using DBW.  Made a simple bracket to hold the DBW pedal.  Found the correct angle for 1:1 ratio of the CNC pedal to the DBW pedal and had a stub welded to the CNC pedal.  Cut off the excess pedal,  used adjustable heims/linkage.  This setup has been flawless since 2016.  Thanks to the great tuner @Kansas T  locally there is not any lag with DBW.

IMG_20151226_113711521.jpgIMG_20151231_160648332.jpgIMG_20151231_172237643.jpgIMG_20151227_201115985.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back