Filling shocks with Nitrogen

richard h

Reaction score
Ask, when filling my shocks with nitrogen, one of them when I went to remove the fitting from the shock released oil. Usually, it just lets the nitrogen pressure off. Afterwards I took my hose/fitting and opened the valve and did push oil out of the hose. Is there something not right here?

how much oil?  A little leaking past the IFP (internal floating piston) is ok, a lot and you might need to replace the seal on the IFP

It is a remote reservoir Fox. As far as oz, maybe 1/2, certainly not much. It left a spot on concrete about 2" in diameter. Mostly was in a mist with nitrogen

Last edited by a moderator:
Might need a new o ring on the internal floating piston in the reservoir. Not a big deal to change. Do you use a valve on the end of your fill line?

Might need a new o ring on the internal floating piston in the reservoir. Not a big deal to change. Do you use a valve on the end of your fill line?
Yes, my set up has a valve on it. I close the valve, and this closes the Schrader also prior to removing. I will change the o ring, what is a good source for parts for these?

I use shockseals.com

No affiliation, its just where I buy my crap. Good prices, and sometimes you get a free coozie.....

Back