Fasst Flexx Bars

BENCH

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Flexx Bars?  Looking to add a set to my '85 ATC 250R if worth it.  Can't run anything anti-vibe since the handle bar clamps are built into the upper triple clamp.

I guess I'm getting old cause I am no longer trying to go faster, just do it with a little more comfort.  BTW, adding a cage or another wheel are not options.

I ran a pair of these on a TRX 450R.  I liked them.  I paired them with a plus 1 anti vibe stem and a GPR steering damper.  Needless to say, there was virtually NO arm pump or feedback.  

The bars are going to sit higher and will take some time getting used to.  The bars plus the extended stem on my bike brought them up and steering was more direct line like a bench press rather than some of the positions with bars down lower.  

If you pair these with a steering damper (highly recommended, especially with the way the SXSs are whooping out the dunes these days), get the disk style damper, not the piston style.  The disk style are much better!

Can you find a used set of triple clamps? Could grind off the handlebar supports and drill holes to accept the new rubber mounted options in 1 1/8th size. I dont think anything "flexy" is made in the 7/8th size?

I went with Far Bars and rubber mounts years ago. Pretty sure fat bars are advertised towards older guys with hands and wrists that hurt. The flexx bars lean a little towards being a gimmick. The type of consumer who goes online and buys a $300 set of goofy bars before fixing their fork oil leak.

The flexx bars are awesome. As Mac stated, pair that with a gpr stabilizer and it will make a huge difference. I’m telling ya man, brings some of the fun back since you’re not getting beat up as much trying to hold on.  

Can you find a used set of triple clamps? Could grind off the handlebar supports and drill holes to accept the new rubber mounted options in 1 1/8th size. I dont think anything "flexy" is made in the 7/8th size?
There is a guy on Ebay who sells a custom triple clamp to accept ant-vibe but at $300+ and you still need to buy an anti-vibe system / handle bars for another $300+. 

I bought an upper clamp to try to figure it out but the clamp is actually hollow underneath.  There is not enough "meat" to drill into.

I found my stock yz250 triple clamp and its hollow too. See what you mean. 

Shoot you could dremel out the stock.......(wrong....just measured with calipers my bolts are 1.040" apart. yours might be further apart?)

I thought Mac would be a rare exception but seems like 3 people right away like the bars. Looked on RockyMountain the flexx bars have 5 stars if that means anything. That would be one option is dremel the stock triple clamps. You get the anti vibe with the flexx bars. 

If it was me i would grind off the mount on the triple clamp. Then find someone who welds aluminum to trap a nut underneath. Or if possible weld and fill the bottom of the triple clamp with enough material that you could drill it out to accept a normal rubber mounted 1 1/8th handlebar clamp. Run the flex bars or any 1 1/8th you choose. 

Ive had Kevlar grips that lasted several years cause i barely ride. Next set will be super soft half waffle. That should help with hand fatigue. I get to the point out in glamis that i stop using the clutch for safety. Because trying to open my hand once its gone numb is scary. Cant really tell if youre squeezing hard or barely at all. It sure feels like barely at all. Which i think makes you squeeze harder making the problem worse. 

They are worth the money. I have them on my quad.  Been running the bars for a very long time.  They help soak hits up and lessen the vibration.

I found my stock yz250 triple clamp and its hollow too. See what you mean. 

Shoot you could dremel out the stock.......(wrong....just measured with calipers my bolts are 1.040" apart. yours might be further apart?)

I thought Mac would be a rare exception but seems like 3 people right away like the bars. Looked on RockyMountain the flexx bars have 5 stars if that means anything. That would be one option is dremel the stock triple clamps. You get the anti vibe with the flexx bars. 

If it was me i would grind off the mount on the triple clamp. Then find someone who welds aluminum to trap a nut underneath. Or if possible weld and fill the bottom of the triple clamp with enough material that you could drill it out to accept a normal rubber mounted 1 1/8th handlebar clamp. Run the flex bars or any 1 1/8th you choose. 

Ive had Kevlar grips that lasted several years cause i barely ride. Next set will be super soft half waffle. That should help with hand fatigue. I get to the point out in glamis that i stop using the clutch for safety. Because trying to open my hand once its gone numb is scary. Cant really tell if youre squeezing hard or barely at all. It sure feels like barely at all. Which i think makes you squeeze harder making the problem worse. 
Or use any of these,

https://roxspeedfx.com/collections/atv-handlebar-risers/products/1-1-4-block-offset-risers-for-7-8-or-1-1-8-handlebar

https://roxspeedfx.com/collections/atv-handlebar-risers/products/2-pivoting-bar-risers-for-7-8-or-1-1-8-handlebar

https://roxspeedfx.com/collections/atv-handlebar-risers/products/2-pivoting-anti-vibe-bar-risers-for-7-8-handlebar

I put a set on my atc70 with a 160cc motor in it. It makes a difference!

When I had a badass 4-stroke Honda quad the first year of the aluminum frame? I had the flex bars and the GPR stabilizer what a difference!! Going 4-in wider on the suspension front and rear,with Ella triple spring shocks is the next best thing to a long travel buggy for ride quality. It's only money, injure your back and you're done duning forever 

Forgot to update this thread. 

Swapped out to a '86 upper triple to match. Added low-pro Pro Taper bar adapter and 14° ATV bend bars.  FYI, stock bars are 15°. Swapped bushings to the softest compounds and added Rogue ODI grips. Will provide a follow up in October. 

20220321_184751.jpg

20220401_194757.jpg

20220401_194746.jpg

Back