Eternabond first or after seal

JBL

Reaction score
Gonna lay Flex seal on roof of toy hauler.  Should I lay down the FS first then EBond since FS wont adhere to it?  Or lay Ebond down then FS right up to the edges of tape?

I would love to see how this is done. If you could take a few pics and post would be awesome! Thanks! 

@JBL I am going to clean all the existing caulking with denatured alcohol, let it dry and then put down the ebond tape over all the caulking. After that, I am going to coat the roof twice with henry's tropicool roof sealant which you can buy at HD. I plan on going over the ebond tap by 1/2" with the tropicool coating just to see how it adheres to the tape. I haven't seen people use flexseal on a RV roof. I asked what product to use in another thread and all responses pointed me to the tropicool product. Spoke to some RV industry folks and they said that's all they use. Something you may want to consider. 

Reactions: JBL
dozens of youtube vids with people using FlexSeal and I like the idea of rubber vs a silicone sealant. But to each his own. 

When I bought my Class A MoHo the owner pointed at a small can of Flexseal in the storage compartment. Said it's the best and has used it on several areas on the roof and has lasted. I've used it now too and seems to work well. 

Man, you guys might be convincing me to change what product I use!

Cleaned roof good. Eterna bond over/around existing caulk of everything attached to roof. Dicor self leveling over edges of Eterna bond. Then 2 coats of  Henry's white Tropicool roof sealant. First pic is during prep, second is after 1 coat. Forgot to take another after second coat.  5 years, looks great, no leaks. 

Roof 1.jpg

Roof 2.jpg

Back