Epoxy for sticker-bombing a plastic table?

Angusbeef

Reaction score
Finally decided to do something with my huge stash of stickers collected over the years. Sticker-bombing one of our plastic folding tables. I'd like to cover them with a clear epoxy or something similar to protect/prevent peeling.

Any thoughts on the best route for applying a sealant? I'm fairly clueless when it comes to home-repair type materials.

Gave my daughter chEFF stickers one Christmas New Years trip. Told her EVERYONE gets a chEFF sticker on their rigs. Woke up the next morning in awe. It was great! Peace

There are thousands of videos on youtube about doing epoxy.
You're basically trying to do one of the easiest things you can do with it, if you're just doing a plain, clear epoxy.
One thing you may want to read up on is whether it will do well on that plastic.
You may be better attaching a thing sheet of plywood to the plastic, priming and then epoxying.
Please post pics when you're done  🙂

You might want to consider something more along the lines of an UV stabilized polyurethane clear roll on version. Not sure what is out there.

just guessing that your plastic table will flex a bit more than the epoxy likes and you will end up with cracks. Clear epoxy is much more we’ll suited to a rigid/stiff tabletop. Also, sticking anything to low surface energy materials(most plastics) can be hard to do. Suggest you flip the table over and do a hidden test run to make sure you are happy with the results.

You could sticker bomb the top and then just put a piece of polycarbonate on top with plastic rivets to hold it in place.  Makes it easy to "update" later if you want. :biggrin:

Read through all the replies and suggestions, then get to "Nope, that's not happening."  Hahahaha   😅
I mentioned it way up there...lol
There are specific plastics it will - others where it won't  🙂

Back