Engine tune

Agricon

Reaction score
Have a stroked small block chevy, twin turbo running race gas. it has a haltech E11 computer. Bought it from a friend that had medical issues. It has been sitting since 2012. He had just rebuilt the engine and had some medical issues. I let it sit until the new trans came in. Took it out and can't get the boost past 8psi. It runs rich at low rpm and then cuts out at 4500RPM, rev limiter is set at 6500. But sounds like a ignition cut. Have a af meter and all looks good. I want to change the injectors for E85 and put it on a dyno, but can't find anybody to tune the Halech on E 85. Any ideas

Dunehoon in San Diego is one of the best
I would never take my car to Dunehoon.  He screwed me and a buddy so bad.  Kept my brand new Funco for 4 weeks always excuse after excuse.(had to get retuned by 928x)  Had my buddies car for 6 weeks. charged him 1600 for nothing.  Had to take to 928x to get dialed in.  If I could slap the chit out of Lance I would. So many other places to go with better tuners. He couldn't get either one of our tunes correct and they were brand new Alper Engines with new Holley computers. 

Jason Alper @J Alper recommended a guy in Chula Vista when he did my Honda v6 to 5.3 engine swap a few years ago. (forgot the guys  name) I had to make the appointment with his wife. There was a 1 week wait but he let me drop the car off early and let me leave the trailer which helped me out big time. They had it about 4 days and did a great job. The motor ripped! I think it was $700 or $800 for what he did but it ran AWESOME!

:poule:

2149B58D-1D8B-452C-AA5F-1201A8B19EAC.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason Alper @J Alper recommended a guy in Chula Vista when he did my Honda v6 to 5.3 engine swap a few years ago. (forgot the guys  name) I had to make the appointment with his wife. There was a 1 week wait but he let me drop the car off early and let me leave the trailer which helped me out big time. They had it about 4 days and did a great job. The motor ripped! I think it was $700 or $800 for what he did but it ran AWESOME!

:poule:

View attachment 68120
DuneHoon?

Have a stroked small block chevy, twin turbo running race gas. it has a haltech E11 computer. Bought it from a friend that had medical issues. It has been sitting since 2012. He had just rebuilt the engine and had some medical issues. I let it sit until the new trans came in. Took it out and can't get the boost past 8psi. It runs rich at low rpm and then cuts out at 4500RPM, rev limiter is set at 6500. But sounds like a ignition cut. Have a af meter and all looks good. I want to change the injectors for E85 and put it on a dyno, but can't find anybody to tune the Halech on E 85. Any ideas
I have used 

Garry automotive (C&G) great for Naturally aspirated Mefi  909-823-6171

Danzio did a great job with Naturally aspirated Holley 951-245-2537

Redline loves the Motech and AEM, and now does pretty good with the Holley 714-777-5758

West-Tech all day long for factory ECU and Holley stuff, Haltech 951-685-4767

Dunehoon does good with a Haltech, Factory ECM, Holley and Mefi, 619-746-0034

I have used 

Garry automotive (C&G) great for Naturally aspirated Mefi  909-823-6171

Danzio did a great job with Naturally aspirated Holley 951-245-2537

Redline loves the Motech and AEM, and now does pretty good with the Holley 714-777-5758

West-Tech all day long for factory ECU and Holley stuff, Haltech 951-685-4767

Dunehoon does good with a Haltech, Factory ECM, Holley and Mefi, 619-746-0034
Any recommendations for FuelTech on a 2.5 Subi?

Back