Engine cover

Bobalos

Reaction score
I need to replace my engine cover and was wondering what you guys thought of these ideas.  Here are a few ideas I came up with, but so far none of these ideas roll my socks up and down....  

The coil covers are new and will stay, its the intake/fuel rail I'd like to hide.

In the end the cover and coil covers will be powder coated black.   

One thing I did not like about my last cover was that it funneled the heat from the radiator straight to the trunk, and got warm enough to turn my energy bars into melted clumps of goo... 

Some pictures of things you've seen would be cool if you have them... 

20220320_083316.jpg

20220320_083013.jpg

20220319_154339.jpg

20220319_154352.jpg

20220319_154335.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to replace my engine cover and was wondering what you guys thought of these ideas.  So far none of my ideas roll my socks up and down....  

The coil covers are new and will stay its the intake/fuel rail I'd like to hide.

In the end the cover and coil covers will be powder coated black.   

One thing I did not like about my last cover was that it funneled the heat from the radiator straight to the trunk, and got warm enough to turn my energy bars into melted clumps of goo... 

Some pictures of things you've seen would be cool if you have them... 

View attachment 28447

View attachment 28448

View attachment 28449

View attachment 28450

View attachment 28451
I like that. What else you might do is some type of louver pattern on the side panels to let heat out.

I forgot about louvers.  thats some old school stuff right there.  LOL.  I just did a quick check & it looks like I can get dies for my bead roller for louvers. 

Another option I could try is something like this.  use the perf to let the heat out & hopefully make it so its not visually unpleasant.

5438c3_3a26ab0763ec480a8a3a9e29786a1e17~mv2.jpg

452430d1400692299-who-makes-custom-fuel-rail-covers-engine-covers-brett1.jpg

engine-cover.jpg

That hogan's intake is nice.  Way to much for the motor I have, but bitchen!!!! 

While much more appealing, those smoothed ones are still kind of ugly. They were never intended to be pretty though just work well and be hidden by a big piece of plastic. 

Although the coils are ugly, as are factory intake manifolds, I won't put any covers over them. It traps the heat in, cooking the coil packs, and heating the intake, and air inside. Or at least that is my thoughts. Not backed by any science lol. I'd like to see the temp differences with and without the covers. Maybe someone can check them? I can check and post the uncovered temps, if someone  can do the covered temps. A little "scientific research"

More work but you could also make a buck out of wood and then lay fiberglass over it. Big project though compared to metal. 

If I do the cutouts/dimple die idea on the cover either screens/perf, I could also do a semi matching thing on the valve covers covers like this.  Which should let some of the heat out and give it a little custom flavor.  I have to say though I'm not a huge fan of thus picture.  But... it's the flange on the front with the small holes that bug me... 

A supercharger would be my choice, haha
I like this choice, but that would be the beginning of the snow ball, and a fight I have to fight every day. LOL 

My LS6 has a carbon fiber cover from Turnkey which covers up almost everything.

View attachment 28776
I would like something like that but would have to get rid of the trunk and I have too much crap for that.  Ultimately I'd like to reskin the car and if i did that I would put 2 bucket seats in the back and a trunk between them.  

Back