Electa Steer

Icky

Reaction score
My scu has the wicked bilt Electra steer system on it and it has never worked right since I bought it. After some investigation I found that the brushes in the motor were worn down at an angle and barely touching. After I "fixed" it was able to clear the fault code, but it still isn't operating. Since they're no longer in business does anyone know where I can buy a comparable replacement motor, I assume it's something off the shelf they re labeled.16923208364937619333669707010047.jpg

The motor looks very close to the motor on the units Pacific Customs is selling/has listed. Maybe they can get a motor.

can't tell from that picture but probably a GM/Koyo unit, find another part number on it (under sticker, in casting).

Koyo is who made most of the electric assist units, just need to know what car it came from.

Call Harvey who works with/for JoeFab, he sells electric steering kits.

I wonder if a generator rebuild shop could replace the brushes for you?
I pulled it apart last night so I could figure out what brushes it has to replace them. If that doesn't work I'll try some of the other suggestions. 

I'll sell you the 220w unit that came off of my sand car, it steered 10.50s with ease. It is from Pacific Customs and has never given us any trouble.. We took our sand car out of service and are parting it out slowly. $250

Last edited by a moderator:
Back