East Lake Axles any good?

2 year warranty, made in Florida.

Look to be the same as Tusk and Motorsports brands.....why not, your not racing that YFZ or jumping doubles.

Do it.

Never heard of them before.  About the same price as what I paid for the ones, I put on my Honda almost 10 years ago.  Just looked the one I put on my Honda is now around $400.  Like Crusty said you're not jumping doubles or racing it, you're just letting your daughter ride it. 

Question is what happened to the OEM one? 

Question is what happened to the OEM one? 
Not naming names....  but someone rode this, probably for years, with a loose hub.  The splines on axle and hub are toast.  It still works but there's about a 1/8" turning play on the right side.

Chinese garbage. I wouldn’t let you ride around on those let alone my daughter. :peace: :classic_biggrin:

When I had to replace the axle on the old Raptor I used a Lonestar Axcaliber. No complaints except the initial sting of the price.

Not naming names....  but someone rode this, probably for years, with a loose hub.  The splines on axle and hub are toast.  It still works but there's about a 1/8" turning play on the right side.
What material is the hub?

Yeah, I had to replace one for the same reason. Need to make sure you use locktitie and get it so that cotter pin just barely goes in

What material is the hub?
Some sort of steel.  Standard ATV hub.

If I crank it down, it's tight.  After a ride, the play is back.

Hasn't gotten worse in a few years but if/when it strips, that's gonna suck.

Some sort of steel.  Standard ATV hub.

If I crank it down, it's tight.  After a ride, the play is back.

Hasn't gotten worse in a few years but if/when it strips, that's gonna suck.
Will it weld?  Both parts are F'd.  Make it permanent...

That will just make things worse depending which side it is. Keeping an axle true after that much heat is tricky. Carrier bearings wear out and you won’t be able to replace them without cutting the axle. Someone at yfzcentral.com is bound to have a used axle and hubs for sale.

I'd stuff the splines with JB before that route .

Ya, maybe I'll looks around for some used OEM ones.  Just gotta figure if 2004 is different from the rest.

I'd stuff the splines with JB before that route .

Ya, maybe I'll looks around for some used OEM ones.  Just gotta figure if 2004 is different from the rest.
2004 and 2005 share the same part number. After that the part number changes.

Back