E85 Stabilizer-What brand is best

ChasingSand

Reaction score
After my last trip I have a good amount of E85 left over. (18 gallons in Rail and 25 Gallons in Plastic VP Jugs) My next trip wont be till new years so was looking for an additve to keep it fresh. Anyone use a certain brand today? I see two so far, the Lucas and the Rev X. What are you guys using? Do I even need to add a stabilizer if the Jugs are stored in my garage?

The Rev-x is the one i use and my group uses.  I go all off season treated with good results.  I just ordered 4 more boxes of this stuff.  I have been told that the raw materials to make fuel stabilizer is being scrutinized by the epa and the oil refineries that sell these raw materials are not producing them.   So buy what you can and stock up.

During the season I've never used stabilizer.  I do check the level and confirm 85.  If I've got some cans left from previous trips I will mix in fresh E-85 - makes me feel a little better!

I've been using the Lucas product with good results. but like others have said I also mix the old with the fresh if its been around for 4-6 months. 

on a side note - once upon a time I had un treated e85 gel up in a fuel filter. since I've been treating my fuel I have not had a problem.  

All last season I used Lucas E85 Stabilizer. Never had any issues. 

Never needed it during the season.  Drain during the summer into a sealed drum.

$100 of fuel isn't worth risking your engine.  Keep it in a sealed drum and out of the elements.  Get a test kit.  If you don't trust the fuel don't use it.

Back