Drive by wire throttle problems anyone ?

Camacho

Reaction score
Is anyone using drive by wire throttle ?

if so how reliable

I have had issues and was wondering how water and dirt proof connectors and electronics are ? Or is my harness suspect

thanks  

Is this stock P59/E38 (gen III/IV ECM) parts?  If so, I'm not sure about the pedal itself, but the TAC module is definitely weatherproof.  Mismatching P59 DBW parts by year can cause issues because GM changed around a lot during these earlier DBW years.

What's the problem its having?

2 buddies use them.

1 lost his in the dunes, had to idle back.

Lost the throttle body part of it, not the pedal.

Got a new throttle body once he got home and worked fine.

I won't use it, but then again, another buddy had the connection on the butterfly at the TB snap off in Idaho.

Is this stock P59/E38 (gen III/IV ECM) parts?  If so, I'm not sure about the pedal itself, but the TAC module is definitely weatherproof.  Mismatching P59 DBW parts by year can cause issues because GM changed around a lot during these earlier DBW years.

What's the problem its having?
Goes into safe mode and throttle goes to idle . I can re set after cycling  the ignition

Its not p59

Motor was gm crate engine

pedal was supplied with ecu and harness for the swap

i have even changed pedals and throttle bodys assuming they are similar when i buy them 

code is p2138 

throttle pedal switch voltage

online lots of people with the same problem . Sorta looking like bad pin connections . 

Goes into safe mode and throttle goes to idle . I can re set after cycling  the ignition

Its not p59

Motor was gm crate engine

pedal was supplied with ecu and harness for the swap

i have even changed pedals and throttle bodys assuming they are similar when i buy them 

code is p2138 

throttle pedal switch voltage

online lots of people with the same problem . Sorta looking like bad pin connections . 
Yeah.  Quick google says water intrusion on the pins, so I assume the connectors in the "cab" aren't exactly waterproof.  Pull the connectors apart and inspect yet?

Yeah.  Quick google says water intrusion on the pins, so I assume the connectors in the "cab" aren't exactly waterproof.  Pull the connectors apart and inspect yet?
No water .

Parts have been replaced 2 times

and wrapped toilet paper around the connector during a wash to verify no water during a wash .

the way my stand alone harness is build i will have to cut off the shrink wrap   And pull back the braid to pull the plug apart  to check the pins

might be the next try

No water .

Parts have been replaced 2 times

and wrapped toilet paper around the connector during a wash to verify no water during a wash .

the way my stand alone harness is build i will have to cut off the shrink wrap   And pull back the braid to pull the plug apart  to check the pins

might be the next try
Have you separated the connector and inspected for green death or sand?

Perfect time to swap over to Holley EFi.  At least then you can see on the laptop what part is not doing its job.

I have done 2 of them, 

The first was a LSX kit, with everything included with the kit for the LSX454 in @jetjock  full potential car,  and no issues, works flawlessly,  

The second was a aftermarket wire harness with parts purchased from different sites and a factor computer tunes with HP Tuners,  so far no one has got the O2 to work, when they do, the throttle body stopped working, 

Back