Do you move your rig during long stretches of storage?

Reaction score
It's been too hot to travel with the Toy Hauler so I move it a few feet to rotate the tires from time to time. Can't hurt not sitting on one spot too long.

Anyone else do this?

e8hPsmb.jpg
\

Last edited by a moderator:
Every 4-6 weeks, I take the diesel pusher on about a 50 mile drive. I drive the same loop every time. I like to get the motor, trans and tires up to operating temps at least that often. Leaving a diesel sitting for long periods of time does not bode well for them. 

our toyhauler rarely sits for more than 2 months without use.  Now my RZR sat for the last 4 months and last night i took it around the block and it has some bad flatspots.  

At least every 30 days.

Drive 50 miles and run genny with AC on for 30 mins.

Tires need to rotate to move the oils around.  Or else dry rot......

i dont move my 5th wheel at all, too much of a pain to. it is stored inside my warehouse at work. i normally run the generator every month but i have been slacking and i have not even done that but im doing a full service on it in a few weeks. i do check the air pressure in the TH tires once a month to make sure those are good. the rzr, truck or trailer have not moved since we got back from a memorial day pismo trip. that is a normal for me. truck, trailer and rzr get stored for the summer, next month ill start doing all the regular maintenance on them to get ready for glamis season. 

My 5er sits from April to October. Outside in my yard.  Quality tires and replace them every 5 years.  No problems.  Gen maybe twice a summer will run it but I use Rev-X fuel stabilizer in everything.

Definitely run the Gen once a month for an hour or two and with a load on it. I need to be better about moving the 5th wheel in the off-season. 

Seems like a smart move to go ahead and put some miles on it since your hooked up as well. 

Back