Do you Karaoke ?

Crusty

Reaction score
At Bars?

Every Family Backyard BBQ?

In Glamis?

Only in the shower?

Something to be said belting out certain tunes, makes the soul feel good.

DGAF if I'm good or not....its more for me and sucks for anyone else...LOL

How bout you?

:ksmith:

Nope, I hate the way my voice sounds, and I could not cary a tune with a bucket if I had help.  

Occasionally I will sing to some hard rock in the buggy, if I'm alone, we are on a bitchen run, have the music cranked in the headset, and the mic turned off.  LOL 

I ain't skeered to belt a tune. Love the sound of my voice. Everyone in camp doesn't! They've learned to accept it. Peace

Road trippin to a rifle match with a bud one morning and was belting out Stranger In A Strange Land by Maiden. Caught up in the minute and was enjoying the hell out of life. Song goes off and Dave says “damn, never heard Randy Travis do Maiden before”!

Much older and wiser now so I just sing to myself in my head. Don’t want to scare the children.

And also from experience, keep your car on cruise control if you’re listening to this. Foot seems to get heavy…

Last edited by a moderator:
Never have karaoked once and never will....... That being said we played this song in a band I was in.  The singer didn't learn the words by the time we had the song down, So I sang the verse and the drummer sang the chorus. The singer and the guitar player were like wow, You guy's rocked that and that is going to be your song to sing.  Then we did it again. that was the last time I sang it and the last time we played it. Luckily it wasn't in front of anybody.

I have.. many times. .. Right before COVID-19 I was at the Swallow Fest in San Juan Capistrano.. band called The Reflex (80's cover band) in a packed house was unplugging... I threw a $100 to the lead singer and said.. 'One more song' ... he was like 'Cool what do you want?'.. I said Eye's Without A Face - Billy Idol.. He's like 'OK'.. then I jump up on stage and I say, 'Hey ..  I'm gonna be lead.' .. quite the show. My wife wasn't with me but one of her friends was.. had the house jumping.. I'm a good showman and do all the moves up there.. got a lot of high fives after.

I have a good ear and perfect pitch, but age has reduced my vocal range to a very low register/range.. it sucks, cause I can hear the notes I need to hit, but can't hit them. In my teens I could sing to Michael Jackson level/range. Sucks cause it NEVER comes back. So I'm stuck with only low register songs... I can do some heavy metal howls.. Rob Zombie.. or Let the Bodies hit the floor,.. Doors.. 

I do this when I'm blacked out drunk.. probably sounds worse than I think.

I bought a sexy $500 Karaoke machine a few years back.. never really used it. Gave it to my 22 year old daughter. Hopefully she and her friends are having fun with it. The Speaker/Amp is like you'd have for an electric guitar.. it's studio level,.. kind of complicated to operate, but you can really have fun with the echo and other features.. just my singing days are in the rear.. done Glamis Karaoke many times (on friends machines).. once I get the mic, you have to pry it from my cold (drunk) dead hands..

Happy Friday everyone!

abc

PS. Did a Sublime one at the last bar.. I did OK, but you go to a Karaoke bar, you're messing with some serious talent.

When in doubt the Humpty Dance is a safe bet. Piece.
55bfb39b-28d4-42cb-9d80-e4992bb6397f_text.gif

I got yore Lumpy Oatmeal ready....let me know when yore funna hit a CA Burger King this season...

137bee9c-c7ff-45e5-8cb4-cfb1f7eb59b2.jpg

The “Swallow Fest,” hum…
Right?... My wife grew up with this dude Matt Mauser, he was just on one of those singing TV shows, he does the old 'crooner' type stuff with the old folks and his cover band is Tijuana Dogs, professional singer, etc. Unfortunately his wife died in the Kobi helicopter crash as she was the assistant coach for his daughter's team.

Sad deal... he's getting back on the horse. Feel horrible for the guy,.. both used to be teachers and instead of that were living out their professional dreams, etc. Matt's daughter was supposed to be on the chopper but they moved or cancelled her game or he would have lost her as well.

Her name was Mellissa Mauser I believe.

abc

I've been known to sing a bit..

I've even hosted a few karaoke gigs.

I've been known to sing a bit..
That would be a generous use of the word, and when they tell you that you should sing solo they mean So Low nobody can hear it. At least you have the face for radio.

Back