Did some walking today in DC

Bobalos

Reaction score
Saw a bunch of stuff today.  

Doing some museums tomorrow. 

Screenshot_20220502-191539_Connect.jpg

How does your heart rate stay so low in that town of crooks liars murderers and thieves? 

How does your heart rate stay so low in that town of crooks liars murderers and thieves? 
No doubt.  Horrible crime rate, and that's the folks in the suits......  

And as it turns out the woman who is renting us the AirBnB HAD to point out she worked for the Clinton and obumer administrators about 30 times.  I had to come back in and eat dinner before I threw up what I had left....  LOL 

Seriously though....  is a pretty amazing place.  The history is cool.  The buildings are amazing.   The people are really quite nice.  

Last edited by a moderator:
The Holocaust Museum is a must. Very powerful message, especially in todays political environment.

Air and Space and Library of Congress also a must.

Spy Museum is fun too.

Oh, and pay attention to parking signs. Lots of streets are parking during the day only, turns into a traffic lane after 4 and they tow everything there. The signs, of course, are NOT perpendicular to the road, so hard to see when you park. Ask me how I know. 

Thanks for the input folks.

We did Arlington yesterday and walked about the whole mall area.  

We saw the spy museum on the way back last night.  Might try that one today.  Lots of places are closed. 

Thanks again.

eat lunch at quarterdeck if you like seafood (fresh crab, peel and eat shrimp, etc - an eat with your hands type place)...it's not walking distance from DC but a fun place. Someone took me there while i was on business travel and I try to go back when I'm out there. Quarterdeck (quarterdeckarlington.com) 

If you like caverns, the Luray caverns is pretty cool.  A 2 hourish drive from DC.

Another cool thing they have outside of DC is Breweries - which are more like wineries...this place has an awesome view - Home - Dirt Farm Brewing - again, a bit of a drive outside of the city.  I guess I'm assuming you have a rental car.  Tell google to avoid tolls and freeways if you wnt to see some really pretty / cool homes / landscapes when driving to these places.  DC is cool, but I prefer to see the country.

We do not have a car right now.  We are taking the bus and walking.  We will be picking  one up the day we leave.  We are driving down to Florida.  A state a day, kind of thing.  

Thanks again folks. 

We do not have a car right now.  We are taking the bus and walking.  We will be picking  one up the day we leave.  We are driving down to Florida.  A state a day, kind of thing.  

Thanks again folks. 
Metro is easy, iPhone will even tell you which trains to take.

If you have time The air and space museum In Suitland Maryland. This is where they restore the aircraft. You can see and talk to the people restoring them.  And see them in different stages of restoration. Also go through the warehouses an see different aircraft that isn't in the main museum 

If you have time The air and space museum In Suitland Maryland. This is where they restore the aircraft. You can see and talk to the people restoring them.  And see them in different stages of restoration. Also go through the warehouses an see different aircraft that isn't in the main museum 
Huh, I'll have to check that out next time I'm stuck in DC.

Something I found funny. 

There were folks ALL over the place with Trump stuff on.  Even the vendors all had Trump swag.  And thwre was NO Biden swag to be found. There were entire school busses of kids all with Trump hats on.  LOL 

And by "no", I meant very little. 

20220504_173120.jpg

Back