Diamond Like Carbon Coating DLC

Bobalos

Reaction score
Does anyone have anything with this coating?

How long have you had it?

How does it stand up to thousands of rounds?

What do you clean it with?

What do you lubricate it with?

I'm gonna have to subscribe to this thread. I have no clue what this might be!

Your Zeus action is coated with it @Bobalos. I spray hornady one shot gun cleaner and lube on my bolt and lithium grease on the back of the locking lugs

Only my Actions have the DLC. No wear yet, only brass deposits from the bolt sliding over the loaded magazine

Manufactures and customers alike demand the most out of their finish. Exposure to corrosive environments, wear and abrasion, as well as chemical abuse, takes its toll on parts and finished goods. Cerakote ceramic coatings are a premium upgrade and an excellent alternative to PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition), Ionbond, and DLC coating (diamond-like carbon coating).
Cerakote is the industry innovator in ceramic coating technology offering unmatched corrosion protection, and chemical and abrasion resistance, all in an ultra-thin film ceramic-based coating. Cerakote can be applied to most surfaces and offers hundreds of different color options. Cerakote is easily applied both manually and automated, in a simple, single coat process (no base coat or top coat required).

So it's like a powder coat surface?

New guns are coming coated with it?

Yes, that is how I learned of it. This stuff is 1 to 6 mils thick. Not super thick like powder. More like anodizing or cerakote.

The PVD coating on the Watchtower guns are insane. Cerracote is like Rhino lining in comparison.

@Surf and Dune have you shot the watchtower yet?

What optic did you get on it?

Do you own any other 1911's? Can you compare them?

Last edited:
@Surf and Dune have you shot the watchtower yet?
I've shot about 1000 rds through it. It had a extraction problem every hundred rounds or so. I sent it in and they fixed the extractor and put a new grip on it. I had it back within a week of shipping it off. They have a lifetime warranty, will even replace if stolen lost or damaged .
What topic did you gwt on it?
Not sure what you're asking?
Do you own any other 1911's? Can you compare them?
I've posted all of the handguns I own. They're not all technically 2011s, but are all potentially high capacity... I've shot a few different Staccatos, some stock, some modified. A couple Atlas guns, etc. All are nice in their own way. Like Mac said, the best option is to shoot as many as you can if possible. You never mentioned where you live?

I meant optic. I just fixed the original post...

I'm down in San diego.

I meant optic. I just fixed the original post...

I'm down in San diego.
I have Trijicon SROs (red dots)on my Staccato and Watchtower, and a Holosun green dot on my Sig. The Alien has its own proprietary optic. Iron sights on my CZs.
I'll offer it again. If you want to come up one afternoon/evening , or the weekend, you can shoot anything I've got, and if my buddy can make it he's got a bunch of other stuff worth trying, at my club. They also have stuff you can rent. No cost, just pay for your ammo. You might even shoot something you want to buy... all off roster thats registered.

I appreciate it. Let me look at my calendar and see if we can't make something work.

Back