Desert this weekend

Big_Daddy_Jp

Reaction score
Well, decided to make the last trip of the season. Made it to plaster city at 6 pm last night. Weather was beautiful! Nice breeze and cool outside. Slept with the windows open and it got chilly over the night! Hung out today, did some drinking, and bam! Hot AF and the breeze is dead! Put the awning out and had awesome shade but still hot. Decided to go inside and hang in the AC. Fired up the Benny and turned on the AC. Just as the trailer starts to cool down, BAM, the genny shuts off and down goes the air. Did this game twice. Did some troubleshooting and I think the fuel pump is the culprit. No RV shops near by to pick one up. Sucks to be us! Lesson learned. I’ve got a spare carb but no spare fuel pump. Oh well, sweat it out til Sunday morning. At least I could take a cold shower!

Now that is what you call a Team Player , Sausage 450r I give you Mega props.

What genny? I have a spare pump. Im 30-40 min away
It’s an Onan 5500 marquis gold. I really do appreciate it but I think we will survive. Just for the offer, you deserve a few cold ones my treat!

It’s funny, a few times I’ve gone to Rv trailer supply and tried to buy one. They never had one in stock. I told myself to just order an Amazon special to keep on hand but never did. Now I’m second guessing myself and need to check my parts box to see if I really did order one! Report back in the morning!

Our neighbors are out at El Mirage... supposed to be Windy and HOT.... f that......just got back from 65 in Moab...it was PERFECT............

Ok so weekend break down. We had a blast as usual. Helped some friends move an older fifth wheel travel trailer from one property to one they bought. Helped set and level the trailer. We did this Friday morning and pretty much just hung out the rest of the day. Saturday, we loaded up for a ride in the morning. Headed to the other side of the 8 and cruised south through the hills. Came out on the 98 and looped back to the Chevron station for some ice. Checked out an RV park to see what the deal was there. It was called Jackson Hideaway. They have full hook ups and a few open spots but only rent by the month. Circled back to camp for some lunch. Hung out til about 5pm and headed over to the sand bar and the trains. There is a lot more things hung at the sand bar since the last time I was there! Headed back to camp for dinner. While sitting outside enjoying the cool breeze we were greeted by a baby sidewinder. Scared the living chit out of all of us! Decided to call it a night. Loaded up in the morning and headed home. Casualties for this trip was 2 tires on my trailer. One got a nail in it from where we parked and the other decided it wanted to separate. Note to campers, please stop burning pallets. I now have lost 3 newer tires due to pallet nails. Anyways I’m not much for taking pics but here is a couple. Also a video I took of my Jeep coming out of my trailer with the boards on it. Pretty much zero flex on the door!

View attachment IMG_1010.MOV

7E879B95-99DD-4D10-B39C-95D337B9DC5C.png

C08DD333-2E6C-4313-8D0A-A09A719F35A7.png

Well, decided to make the last trip of the season. Made it to plaster city at 6 pm last night. Weather was beautiful! Nice breeze and cool outside. Slept with the windows open and it got chilly over the night! Hung out today, did some drinking, and bam! Hot AF and the breeze is dead! Put the awning out and had awesome shade but still hot. Decided to go inside and hang in the AC. Fired up the Benny and turned on the AC. Just as the trailer starts to cool down, BAM, the genny shuts off and down goes the air. Did this game twice. Did some troubleshooting and I think the fuel pump is the culprit. No RV shops near by to pick one up. Sucks to be us! Lesson learned. I’ve got a spare carb but no spare fuel pump. Oh well, sweat it out til Sunday morning. At least I could take a cold shower!
Aww, that sucks! Too bad I didn't see this post until now.

The fuel pump isn't an RV specific fuel pump, it's just a generic 12v 2psi low volume fuel pump, like Facet. They sell them at every auto parts store in the world for about $25, including El Centro, about 19 mi away from Plaster City. Even Walmart sells them for $19. Anyways, at least now you know.

Aww, that sucks! Too bad I didn't see this post until now.

The fuel pump isn't an RV specific fuel pump, it's just a generic 12v 2psi low volume fuel pump, like Facet. They sell them at every auto parts store in the world for about $25, including El Centro, about 19 mi away from Plaster City. Even Walmart sells them for $19. Anyways, at least now you know.
Thank you for the info. I wondered if a Facet pump would work. With it being as hot as it was I really didn’t feel like going through the work for a couple hours of AC. I will be picking up a couple pumps to add to my spare parts!

It’s funny, a few times I’ve gone to Rv trailer supply and tried to buy one. They never had one in stock. I told myself to just order an Amazon special to keep on hand but never did. Now I’m second guessing myself and need to check my parts box to see if I really did order one! Report back in the morning!
Same experience. Ended up getting the pump from a place that only does rv generators in el cajon (cannot remember the name) got the filter on amazon i think. I replaced mine just because im a psycho and my rv is getting old like me.

Back