Daylight savings time or Standard time?

Daylight Savings time or Standard tine?

• Total voters

Bobalos

Reaction score
If you could only have the choice of one, which would you prefer, Daylight Savings time or Standard time?

I answered the poll so information could be gathered but what is this “Savings” time of which you speak?

I myself prefer the Daylight Saving Time as it keeps useful daylight in the evening hours where I can make good use of it after working hours. Standard Time just waste the extra daylight in the morning where not a lot is going on anyway. My workday starts at 6 but we aren’t usually doing anything out of doors until we’ll after 7 anyway. So the extra hour comes in very useful at the end of the day.

Daylight Saving Time for the win.

I've only ever know Daylight Savings.  I don't really care one way or the other.  Barely paid attention to any pros/cons presented.

i live in arizona. just with changing of the seasons it gets dark around 545 now. cant imagine changing clocks back and having it get dark at 445.

Its nice for that early morning farm work. Not so great for showing up to G and getting setup before dark.

Only a complete moron thinks that by adjusting the clock you change when the sun comes up or sets.  If you want to start work when the sun comes up you get up early in the summer and sleep a little longer in the winter.  My guy's start work for 3 weeks in the summer as early 4:30am and in the winter they get about 3 weeks of 7:30am.  If they want 8 hours of sleep well in the summer time they have to go to bed when the sun is still sometimes up.  Changing the clock around will not make much of a difference.

You get long days you get short day they change every day if you don't like it. Well take it up with the design team.

Only a complete moron thinks that by adjusting the clock you change when the sun comes up or sets.  If you want to start work when the sun comes up you get up early in the summer and sleep a little longer in the winter.  My guy's start work for 3 weeks in the summer as early 4:30am and in the winter they get about 3 weeks of 7:30am.  If they want 8 hours of sleep well in the summer time they have to go to bed when the sun is still sometimes up.  Changing the clock around will not make much of a difference.

You get long days you get short day they change every day if you don't like it. Well take it up with the design team.
I work the "early shift" explicitly for the reason you mentioned.  However the majority of companies do not have that flexibility.  its "9 to 5" every day, regardless of time of year. 

I LOL'd @ this. 

I am with Arizona...

I grew up there and see no reason to change.

If you were to do anything, do it in the Winter, so you'd have light at the end of the day.

It gets dark here about 9p in the summer.

:laugh1:

It was actually started for saving resources and energy during the war,   

I wish it was like AZ, i hate the time change, 

Back