CV Boot SLIM Clamps

Chingon619

Reaction score
What is the go to for slim CV clamps? My arms hug that cv area so tight that it busted the head on the plastic zip tie the CVs came with. I used regular zip ties to try ro get by and it busted those off too. I fit my fingers in there and can't squeeze them but there's gotta be at least 1/8" in there. Special tool or clamps etc to use? Give it to me! Thanks! 

I had the same issue - the wheel side was too tight for a hose clamp - i had to tighten the tie in a spot that allowed me to get the tool in place, sounds like you might not have that much room?...

Not too many places sold the stainless steel ties that were long enough for 934's...Kartek for the win again

8mm Narrow CV Joint Axle Boot Clamps 8mm Wide 27" Long Requires 86-5792 Clamp Banding Tool - Kartek Off-Road...they have a tool that you need as well, I bought a cheaper tool on Amazon cause I'm dumb, but it worked. 

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same issue - the wheel side was too tight for a hose clamp - i had to tighten the tie in a spot that allowed me to get the tool in place, sounds like you might not have that much room?...

Not too many places sold the stainless steel ties that were long enough for 934's...Kartek for the win again

8mm Narrow CV Joint Axle Boot Clamps 8mm Wide 27" Long Requires 86-5792 Clamp Banding Tool - Kartek Off-Road...they have a tool that you need as well, I bought a cheaper tool on Amazon cause I'm dumb, but it worked. 

View attachment 66646
Is there any cheaper clamps out there? 

😂😂😂

I'm just in shock seeing anything less than a dollar. Isn't it today's penny? 

I’ve had good luck with doubled up safety wire. Run my CVs maxed out and never lost a boot…

Except when I (incorrectly) used the clamps. :biggrin:
I'm not familiar with using wire tie other than what's on the loafs of bread in the kitchen lol

I've seen them used and I'm always amazed at the tool spinning violently and always thought they were for experts only. Other than this and dirtbike handgrips not sure where I would use it. 🤔  thanks for the suggestion.

I'm not familiar with using wire tie other than what's on the loafs of bread in the kitchen lol

I've seen them used and I'm always amazed at the tool spinning violently and always thought they were for experts only. Other than this and dirtbike handgrips not sure where I would use it. 🤔  thanks for the suggestion.
Take a piece of safety wire, unspool a bunch, bend it to double it, then wrap it full around the CV with a couple inches on either side. Grab some linemen’s pliers, clamp the slack from both sides and twist them around each other until tight. Give the boot a yank to make sure it’s tight, and ship it. Repeat for a second loop and move on. 

Take a piece of safety wire, unspool a bunch, bend it to double it, then wrap it full around the CV with a couple inches on either side. Grab some linemen’s pliers, clamp the slack from both sides and twist them around each other until tight. Give the boot a yank to make sure it’s tight, and ship it. Repeat for a second loop and move on. 
I'm gonna give that a whirl! Or just buy some actual chingaderas with the spin action and hope to not break a finger. Thanks! 

if you do the stainless zip ties 

Harbor Fr has them and home depot,  

the ziptie gun is quick 

SS safety wire in 2 loops. Grab the ends with vice grips, pull the loops snug and twist them gently to cinch them up, you can make adjustments to the loops of wire before you get it cinched up tight, don't overtwist it as the wire will break.  Cut off the excess and bend it over gently.  It will never come loose or come off. Safety wire tool makes a good finished twist but not for this, vice grips work better. Been doing this forever and zero issues. 

As long as what you use it on doesn't fly, HF safety wire at about $12 for a 1lb container has proven reliable for use on a sand car. I keep it in the car, the moho and at home, it is a handy product.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Back