cruise america rv rental....any imput

jareddustin

Reaction score
going out this weekend, normally i just tent it but its suppose to be pretty cold, was looking at renting an RV. cruise america has the best price i have seen. i really dont care much about all the amenities as im normally in a tent but be nice if me and my daughter dont freeze at night. main thing i could not find on the site is do they have a tow hitch. need to pull my flat bed with a 4 seat rzr. only thing i didnt like is its $3.50 per hr for the generator. not like i plan on using it much anyways. half the price of rvshare.com 

any one have any experience with them? good bad? 

as for the genny, borrow someone's portable if you don't have one.  $3.50 an hour is lame

contact @AlpineFunco & see if he has any campers.  one of the guys in my group rents a camper from him & all he has to do is show up and its there ready to go.  In fact he will be bringing one out this weekend for my my buddy.  IIRC the only time he uses the genny is for the AC (not gonna happen this weekend) & for the microwave.

contact @AlpineFunco & see if he has any campers.  one of the guys in my group rents a camper from him & all he has to do is show up and its there ready to go.  In fact he will be bringing one out this weekend for my my buddy.  IIRC the only time he uses the genny is for the AC (not gonna happen this weekend) & for the microwave.
Thanks for the mention, but I'm booked up. 

I use to use El Monte RV and they didn’t charge for generator use. 
like it was mentioned borrow a generator or rent one from Home Depot. 

I use to use El Monte RV and they didn’t charge for generator use. 
like it was mentioned borrow a generator or rent one from Home Depot. 
one issue i was having was my location, im in palm springs area (la quinta) not too many options out here all i found was rvshare.com that had one rv for a crazy amount and cruise america. tried facebook marketplace and craigslist. if anything ill just take my tent and if its too cold see if i can squeeze in with one of my friends RV. i just really hate to bother and take up their space. 

See about renting an enclosed or toy hauler instead. 

My friend used an electric heater in his and makes sure the generator has a full tank before going to bed. He says it gets hot in there. 

How about renting a trailer onsite in Glamis ?  My buddy Matt is a vendor there and all you have to do is show up. 

You can tow with the Cruise America RVs. I think they charge $25 bucks a day extra and you have to let them know that you are going to be towing with the vehicle.

How about renting a trailer onsite in Glamis ?  My buddy Matt is a vendor there and all you have to do is show up. 
He has some very nice units only bummer is he's on the expensive side. I wanted to rent one for 5 days between Christmas to New Year's and it was $3000. Nice trailers for sure.

He has some very nice units only bummer is he's on the expensive side. I wanted to rent one for 5 days between Christmas to New Year's and it was $3000. Nice trailers for sure.
Are those holiday prices?

If all you are worried about is heat at night in your tent, just go buy a indoor safe portable propane heater like this:  https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Heater-F232000-Indoor-Safe-Portable/dp/B002G51BZU/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Mr%2Bheater%2Bbuddy&qid=1638924234&sr=8-2&th=1

They work really well. All my hunting buddies put these in their tents at night up in the mountains with temps far below what you are talking about. 
thank you for that info, i ended up buying one of these at walmart and some cold weather sleeping bags. still much less than renting an RV last min. 

also thank you all for your input. 

Back