Cover songs

Bobalos

Reaction score
IMO most cover songs suck but there have been a few good ones over the last few years.  I really like the disturbed cover of sound of silence.  

What do you think about this?  I heard it on rock105.3 today....  

Reactions: THD
I liked it. I have several covers on my playlist. Here's a couple of my favorites.

13 hours ago, Bobalos said:

IMO most cover songs suck but there have been a few good ones over the last few years.  I really like the disturbed cover of sound of silence.  

What do you think about this?  I heard it on rock105.3 today....  

Unless they specifically said it was State of Mine, what you probably heard was the Seether version.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm now I dont know.  I just listened to both & am not 100% sure.  I kind of want to say it was the first one I posted, but they are both pretty good..

also a super good one.  I like the classics. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So, at first, I didn't really like this version. Until I heard the story of how it got on the record.

Seems Brent the singer after getting his development deal was invited to stay in the "pool house" of the late Ronnie Van Zandt's widow. Where he would write a lot of the songs you hear on the first record.  He also would sing to Ronnies widow this song.  When the band went into the studio to finally record their first record, he asked the producer if he could just do a quick cover song, he hadn't gotten permission and had no intention of doing anything with the recording except to give it to Ronnies Widow.  Well, he gave her the recording with this on it and also let her hear the rest of the record.  He didn't want to put it on the record and told her it was just for her. She told him he was a fool, and it needed to be on the record.  So, she called the producer, and her Lawyer told them to make it happen.  He didn't even ask and was shocked when he saw it on the record.  He told them we don't have permission, and I am not asking for it. That is when they told him she called us.

1 hour ago, MWB said:

So, at first, I didn't really like this version. Until I heard the story of how it got on the record.

Back