Cost per yard of concrete?

Sierra4x4

Reaction score
What are you construction guys paying per a yard of concrete? Just got quoted $1350 for 5 yards and pump. 3 months ago it was $860 for the same. Has it really gone up that much? These frickin concrete pump operators are like pimps. I’m about ready to go buy my own pump. What day you ? 

The answer to your question is No it hasn't gone up that much, it's people's greed that has gotten more expensive. 

What are you construction guys paying per a yard of concrete? Just got quoted $1350 for 5 yards and pump. 3 months ago it was $860 for the same. Has it really gone up that much? These frickin concrete pump operators are like pimps. I’m about ready to go buy my own pump. What say you ? 

The answer to your question is No it hasn't gone up that much, it's people's greed that has gotten more expensive. 
I agree, but I still need to get my work done. So the question remains. 

The price has went up quite a bit here in northern Nevada and hard to get at times due to lack of cement I’m paying $200 per yrd and a pump truck is 1200 but it’s always been high priced here in Elko Nv

B882E4A3-D3A7-4535-ABD9-E8B8D8B3DE74.jpeg

you are lucky tf you can get it when you want it. Order way ahead.

I found out last year it really depends on what day and what time you want your concrete.  The price fluctuates with demand. Certain days are cheaper than others and they’ve probably already raised the “fuel surcharge”

A month ago they were limiting orders for contractors on two of the jobs we are on. 

A masonry company was only being allowed 10 yards of grout per week, making it so the masons were only working 2.5 days per week on that job. On another job the flat work guy's were being limited to 20 yards per week.  I had to order 10 yards of half sack slurry for under a transformer pad and was told 5-10 days out. 

Not sure if you Know, but day job is a Ready Mix Sales Person,  Most of the Cement comes from California, Mexico and Asia,  

There has been Scheduled plant shut downs every year, this year supply is limited due to transpiration labor ect,  for the west coast going on right now is a Cement Shortage, 

It is about to hit harder, 

So if you are a COD customer i would try to get it now,  or you will have to wait 6 weeks for some of the plants to open back up,  

Other issues are that residential building has increased 20-30% and production is having a hard time keeping up, 

Biggest factor for a price increase on Ready Mix, is that $.020 in fuel rates adds about $2 per yard cost in production, employee wages going up, inflation, and all materials have increased,  

As long as i have sold Ready Mix, there is a price increase every year, 

In Las Vegas a Yard of Concrete is about $130-$140 base for IQAC approved Mix, other fees, State Inviro $20 per truck and fuel Surge is around $25. then State Tax. Short loads and Standing time can add to a yard of concrete, 

All in around $200 per yard, 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back