Correcting a Camber issue

richard h

Reaction score
My home built front suspension that had been tweaked for corrections finally got the make over. I had everything working with exception of camber. On total compression the tires would go positive and more then acceptable. The biggest hurdle is working with short control arms and long travel. Longer arms allow for easier control of changes through the cycle. My sample was a Funco while not a copy some good direction, which also uses short arms on the front. 

Results, it works much better, still goes just a tiny bit, less the 1/2 a degree positive on total compression but horse shoes and hand grenades' close enough for me. 

IMG_1782.JPG

IMG_1787.JPG

IMG_1789.JPG

IMG_1790.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you tune for some negative camber gain as it cycles instead?  Helps keep mechanical grip up while cornering.

Back in the day, I would "Cycle" the a-arms unloaded, and track the binding due to unequal arm lengths.

really depends on what you are doing with the car,  mine is only for the sand, If put a straight edge on the side of the tire, it leans in about 1.5''-2'' at the top they helps from the tire not rolling over straight up and down in a turn,  if the tire is close to straight up, the front in will push, 

If you increase the distance between the joints on the spindle, making it greater then pivot points on frame it will allow for more negative camber at compression as it slows the upper arc compared to lower arc. This would be the last change I would make but for the little I was missing couldn't bring myself to do it. My camber is negative until last inch of compression. In the sand I felt turns under full compression would be one step from rolling car.

Funny J Alper, you were the person on the site prior to crash that made comment about my front end and got me looking at it. Thank You!

Back in the day, I would "Cycle" the a-arms unloaded, and track the binding due to unequal arm lengths.
In first pic this is what I was doing. Clamped scrapes in and would cycle, then adjust to gain what I was looking for. Amazing how tiny changes in lengths made big differences.

Back