Coral Pink Sand Dunes

Ladsm

Reaction score
I just booked a week trip to Coral Pink Sand Dunes in Utah in October.   

Any advice and other places to check out while there?   I already got a non-resident OHV permit for the Can Am.  

It's close to Zion. Definitely spend a day there. The area in and around coral pink is beautiful everywhere you look. I wouldn't think you would want to dune 7 days there but let me know what you think. It's a fairly small sand dunes and unlike what we have here in SoCal. More patches of sand though there are some vast sections of dunes. 

barracks trail, before they close it.  Ho Made pies. Lots of trails around Knaab. 

North Rim of grand canyon before the main gate entrance has tons of trails to ride on.  I was there last september and the trails are endless

Sandhollow is close, lots of rock crawling but tons of trails outside of that park down in Werner valley to the Dinosaur tracks site is cool. 

The trail to Torquervill falls through Rattle Snake Gulch is an awesome ride too

image.png

Didn’t Utah change their law so that adults now need some off highway drivers course or pass a test of some kind?

I just booked a week trip to Coral Pink Sand Dunes in Utah in October.   

Any advice and other places to check out while there?   I already got a non-resident OHV permit for the Can Am.  
Coral pink is pretty small, i dont spend more than one day there,  good for quads, can run one it to the other in about 15 minutes, if you are not from the area it is cool to see the pink sand,  pretty Morman area so watch you P and Q's,  some trail riding close by in Bryce canyon,  

Growing up in Las Vegas and spending time in Utah,  I prefer Sand - Hallow,  more to do,   Sand Hollow offers Cliff Diving, Boating, SXS, Rock Crawling and sand dunes, Sand Hollow Golf and Spa across the street, 

Most Locals and Peeps from LV go to Duck Creek or the area around there for trail riding, 

I would hit up Zion, but from Coral pink it is a 30-40 min drive to the back of Zion the front of Zion is where it is all at,  about 20 minutes from Sand Hallow,  

Zion to do's would be the Narrows is really cool,  and driving through the tunnel,  my favorite restaurant is the Spotted Dog Cafe near the entrance,  great food great view, 

Also Coral Pink is by the book so make sure you get a HOV tag before you pull it off the trailer,  also get the whip on ASAP,  they love tickets there, unless you are local,   

Then most do not know and be respectful, kind of a local spot,  but right below Zion is Grafton,  it is a small ghost town that most do not know about,  it is a cool piece of history, the local got pushed out by the Indians attacking them, and most moved to St-George,  the Scouts have restored the building and you can walk into all the building, but not the temple,  Grafton is a cool stop,  

Last edited by a moderator:
Sand hollow is cool for duning and some rock crawling.   We rented a boat while we were there also, or just a spot to cool off in between rides.   It's just outside St. George 

Check out Merlin's Old School Garage on Youtube.  He just went thru there and up into the surrounding areas on a 3- or 4-day jeep adventure.

Took a RZR and a couple dirt bikes to Coral Pink a few years ago. Dunes were fun, but not a big area though. (checked it of the bucket list) There are TONS of trails branching out from the area. Those were awesome. We stopped at the visitor center and they gave us a trail map. 

Like others have said. Tons of single track trails branching off from the main “dunes”. We’ve had our RZR out there but the most fun is with the quads. Depending on what side of the campground you’re on, it’s really nice with your own table and gazebo. Fairly new. Water and electric. Just no sewer. Cool place for sure. 

Like others have said. Tons of single track trails branching off from the main “dunes”. We’ve had our RZR out there but the most fun is with the quads. Depending on what side of the campground you’re on, it’s really nice with your own table and gazebo. Fairly new. Water and electric. Just no sewer. Cool place for sure.
A lot of people like the Camp Ground, Most locals will stay in there own campsite across the way in the trees or at the Medows down the road 1/4 mile, more private at the Medows, and more trails to hit to the back side, but only dry Camping,

Didn’t Utah change their law so that adults now need some off highway drivers course or pass a test of some kind?
Yep, free and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Have yet to be checked for it though...

Thanks everyone. Im pretty excited to check it out. I will have to call Merlin and catch up with him.

As all have stated small area but very nice. Plenty of dirt trails so bring dirt tires. You can make great full day side trips to north rim grand canyon, Zion, and Bryce canyon. You can run down the highway to Elephant Cove and head in there. From there you can go to the river and the Barracks Jeep Trail is in there. Get a map.

Back