Coolant back flush for people with RVs

wopachop

Reaction score
If you ever go to flush out your cooling system dont forget that most of us have filters for the hose tap. Should help a little? Im excited to switch my old 7.3L over to some ELC. Its like running rotella oil in a quad. (i prefer delo but most people will get the rotella analogy) 

20220524_133404.jpg

Oil in your coolant? 7.3l that usually means cracked injector cups or oil cooler.

i like running final charge nitrate free coolant in my diesels

you should put a kit together and sell that setup to the diesel forum guys. New reverse osmosis coolant filter system 😂

they’ll go crazy for it.

but really that filter would be great for purging oil from 6.0l fords after cooler failure (common).

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the sediment filter some people use to fill up the fresh water in their RV. 

Its already got the hose bib threads on each end. Worked pretty good i think to back flush the coolant out of the truck. Using the little $3 tee adapter. It back flushes through the heater hose with the thermostat removed. 

The truck holds 8.1 gallons and i was only able to add 6.5g of distilled for flushing. So around 1.5gal of tap water gets trapped. The idea was to try and clean up the tap water a bit. 

20220525_095644.jpg

This is the sediment filter some people use to fill up the fresh water in their RV. 

Its already got the hose bib threads on each end. Worked pretty good i think to back flush the coolant out of the truck. Using the little $3 tee adapter. It back flushes through the heater hose with the thermostat removed. 

The truck holds 8.1 gallons and i was only able to add 6.5g of distilled for flushing. So around 1.5gal of tap water gets trapped. The idea was to try and clean up the tap water a bit. 

View attachment 33045
The big issue with tap water is the iron content. They make recirculating pumps you can hook up or submerge in a bucket of coolant. I use one to clean my hot water heater (bucket if vinegar)

Back