Concrete, retaining wall, fill a grade, etc in SoCal?

HozayKwarvo

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
I'm going to be looking for a 3' high retaining wall 80' long and ~10x100 of concrete to go with it. A project I've been meaning to do for ~20 years, figured I'd wait until prices were 10x higher before doing it... :doh:   ...blowing out a 6' high 80' long "garden fence" block wall, fill and compact the grade, concrete (and electrical, water, dump, etc. for the RV). I'm in Murrieta, lmk if you got a guy or are the guy! :cheers:

I’ll be following this…. I will be doing a 3’x120’ retaining wall in my backyard as well. I am planning on doing it myself with bobcat and retaining blocks but would rather do an actual wall with that and such. Curious what the cost difference is between the set it and forget it blocks and the traditional concrete blocks. 

Give Mike Davis Masonry a call. Good guy and hard working. Ive known him for years and he did my retaining wall at my house. Came out clean. He does a lot of decorative concrete stuff as well now.

I'm doing the same thing as we speak. Guys have been here for two days. Concrete footing will be poured tomorrow at 10:00am. Retaining walls begin next week. Good stuff. Peace

Chuck Santone Masonry is local and good.

(951) 928-5511

if you have Instagram, Chuck_santone_Masonry  lots of photos

i have a mini x and skid steer if you need to rent. great prices. you may want to do the prep work and maybe dig the footing first ?

At 3’ you shouldn’t need a permit. In my personal opinion “Keystone mortar less retaining systems look way better not to mention it’s cheaper and easier. I’ve built a few in my time. RCP block in Murrietta  have them in stock. You should look into it. It might save you some money. 8E2E0042-651B-45B2-85A0-7514D67C028F.png

At 3’ you shouldn’t need a permit. In my personal opinion “Keystone mortar less retaining systems look way better not to mention it’s cheaper and easier. I’ve built a few in my time. RCP block in Murrietta  have them in stock. You should look into it. It might save you some 

At 3’ you shouldn’t need a permit. In my personal opinion “Keystone mortar less retaining systems look way better not to mention it’s cheaper and easier. I’ve built a few in my time. RCP block in Murrietta  have them in stock. You should look into it. It might save you some money. View attachment 101540
We also installed a drive on concrete “Turf Block” system for the driveway coming from the street. The owner opted to use grass seed instead of sod to save money though. 

Couple others have sent me thread. I’m like beatlejuice. Needed to be said 3X’s to make my presence known. Lol

just getting back from Florida 

Idea of costs 

wall 12,000 if std block no stucco

concrete 11,500 w topcast wash finish

clean out, elec, water etc depends on length of run and tie in locations 

demo and grading would need to see amount of fill / grading to price it

Back