Company in San Diego for Paint Match - In a can?

wesinls

Reaction score
I called the 2 places I would assume would have been able to provide the service - but no luck. (Sherwin and PPG) - does anyone know of a company in San Diego that will match paint and put in a spray can?  I'm wanting to match the blue powder coat on my car (non candy color) and have it in a can.

I called the 2 places I would assume would have been able to provide the service - but no luck. (Sherwin and PPG) - does anyone know of a company in San Diego that will match paint and put in a spray can?  I'm wanting to match the blue powder coat on my car (non candy color) and have it in a can.
Frazee? Most propellants are illegal im california now

2 places might.... Mesa paint in Escondido or Finish masters in Vista.. I do believe Mesa would be the best bet

2 places might.... Mesa paint in Escondido or Finish masters in Vista.. I do believe Mesa would be the best bet
The name of the shop is Meza automotive paint in Escondido and they do really good job matching colors and can put in a spray can. Blue is a good color to match because it covers well but if it is a metallic or more important a translucent color your base color will have an effect on the final color i can go into more detail on this if this could be an issue for you.

Jesus and Chuco have been mathing color a very long time Chuco has been helping me for over 35 years

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had home Depot match paint for me before in oil base and water base and they sell those little cans of compressed air and you screw a plastic container of your paint on to it and spray like spray paint. The colors have always been right on if you have a good sample for them to scan

Thanks for this suggestion - I actually have / know the powder company and color code for my car - and was surprised to find that they sell the color in a can for 12.50....I picked up 5 lbs of powder too just in case / future use. Touch-Ups » Cardinal Paint
For anyone in the Phoenix area needing Cardinal supplies, Cardinal has a warehouse just south of Sky Harbor.

We use Cardinal on all our stuff.

Meza paint in Esco. or TCP global in San Diego (tri city paint)

Back