CNC plasma cutting made easy at home, Arc-Droid

megadesertdiesel

Reaction score
I picked this up in early 2022 but have not used it much until this summer.  

its called Arc-Droid and you trace anything flat and it will cut it out of metal.  It will also accept files from CAD programs but I have not messed with that part yet. 

I had a Langmuir Systems table and sold it within a year of having it.  That table required you to draw in Fusion 360, post produce it and then load to machine and cut.  It was a big process to do when you had a small tab or two to make.  

The Arc-Droid is super simple.  Remove plasma gun with two clips, trace a template, reinstall plasma gun and push run.  The only learning curve is what speed and volts to cut at for each thickness of metals. 

The unit is only $2500 and all you need is a small table for it to cut on.  And maybe a fan to remove the smoke from your work area.  I did upgrade to the laser pointer Tracing pen as it’s easier to see. 

I highly recommend this tool if you are a DIY guy who welds. 

IMG_2198.jpeg

IMG_1748.jpeg

IMG_6469.jpeg

IMG_6477.jpeg

IMG_6444.jpeg

IMG_2200.jpeg

IMG_6476.mov

Attachments

I love that thing .,, its the modern day tracer  - with a good plasma you can get the kerf way down and slow it down and make great cuts, my buddy has one and I hardly use my table anymore - I cut out a drawing  and bring him a cold beverage and its done fast 

Definitely something that should be on a DIY'r Xmas lost

its been on my tools to buy list for a while now.

The Youtube channel Fab Rats have one and they make it seem pretty easy to use.  

The Youtube channel Fab Rats have one and they make it seem pretty easy to use.  
Yeah good show, Grind Hard Plumbing Co uses theirs alot more.  But he used a CAD program to design and Arc Droid to cut. 

Back