CNC Master Cylinder Rebuild Kits?

About 2 months ago I ordered a rebuild kit, 907R K 3/4", for my 1986 cnc round Master clutch and brake assemble. I called them to make sure I was getting the right kit because I couldn't find parts anywhere else. They where very helpful and suggested I place the order on the internet cause it was easier for them then on the phone. They are a little expensive, $39.00 plus tax and freight but was cheaper than buying a new assemble and having to replumb the clutch and brake lines. They shipped quickly and I had them in a few days. All in all a good experience. 

I rebuilt mine using those kits around august of last year. Don’t have much run time on account of my engine crapping out but they seem good to go. Pedal still feels good even after sitting for a couple months. 
They were super easy to rebuild. 

Also see that empi makes a copy of the CNC caliper, they do a lot of junk parts, but they do some quality DOT parts 

anyone use a empi master, 

Also see that empi makes a copy of the CNC caliper, they do a lot of junk parts, but they do some quality DOT parts 

I tried to rebuild a CNC turning brake master cylinder.  The only parts I could find that "might" fit were Empi.  Let's just say...they didn't fit and I ended up buying a new Jamar setup.

I was able to rebuild my brake and clutch master cylinders will Jamar parts but next time, I'll just be replacing the whole units.

CNC pretty much d*cked everyone when they just said "Peace out".  This is why I want part numbers, alternates, info on what I'm buying on using.

Last edited by a moderator:

the EMPI MC's are hit or miss IMO

I swapped in an Empi turn brake for a CNC and it leaked within a month -

I also swapped an EMPI rectangular MC set for CNC's one was fine, one had a bad check valve during the season 

I removed all of it  and replaced with Jamar - no more issues

the EMPI MC's are hit or miss IMO

I swapped in an Empi turn brake for a CNC and it leaked within a month -

I also swapped an EMPI rectangular MC set for CNC's one was fine, one had a bad check valve during the season 

I removed all of it  and replaced with Jamar - no more issues
I tried the Jmar and the pedal now feels really soft, on both cars we prepped, went to a Tilton and feels the same now as the CNC, but i hate the flip top, because i can not pressure blead it from the cap, 

Search "3/4 Bore Rectangular master cylinder" on ebay.  Change the size to whatever you need. 7/8, etc.  You can get the whole damn thing new for a few bucks more.  Exact same CNC build.  New hardware and boot.  
They are Latest Rage, i am a Rage dealer was thinking about getting one and pulling it apart 

Maybee the Rage housing with the Race Ready seals inside, 

Kartek put cnc rebuild kits together they have on the shelf, I did my master and clutch.  I have about 300 miles on the car with their kits and no complaints but it’s still early.

I bought a few spare rebuild kits in case they stop selling them.  

I tried the Jmar and the pedal now feels really soft, on both cars we prepped, went to a Tilton and feels the same now as the CNC, but i hate the flip top, because i can not pressure blead it from the cap, 

They are Latest Rage, i am a Rage dealer was thinking about getting one and pulling it apart 

I hate the Tilton and wilwood MC's just because I cannot seem to check and fill without getting brake fluid all over as the fluid gets up in the corners and drips  - then it has to be a quick clean up

The JAMAR does need to be bench bled like most OE brake MC's  due to the design of the check valve - will probably fix the soft pedal .. at least try it.

the Latest Rage stuff looks worse than the EMPI to me  - I found the one I used on a guys car was OK after I took the rect MC cover off turn the res over and and bang out the metal shavings before you install it  and they come polished which is nice 

Can I just swap out to a Jamar MC, or do i need the whole pedal assembly?

image.png

image.png

The tilton reservoirs I bought are a standard twist cap and I was able to pressure bleed. 

Do not buy Jamar brake components. Me and many racers have had many problems. 

My recommendation is to replace the CNC master cylinders and parts with wildwood or Tilton. 

Jamar is not a direct replacement of CNC.

I replaced all of mine and I had to move the mounting holes due to space requirements.

So, if your CNC are close to a bar or anything, plan on redrilling holes.

Not a huge deal, but just passing on my experience.

Back