Clocking Paddles

endobear

Reaction score
Does anyone try to make sure their paddles scoops are clocked?

Wondering if it would make the ride better or worse on the twins Raptor 250s.

I'd imagine it wouldn't be noticeable in a larger machine, sxs or a rail.

I made a big deal of getting them just right on my Banshee the year I built it up.....

At the end of the first trip they were off and I didn't notice.  Only time you notice they are off is putting it in the trailer.

I always tilted my head on my sons little raptor 80 every time he rode off, I could see his paddles not in sequence and always thought I should clock them perfectly but never did. Once he was on that throttle he didn't seem to care. 

Drag racing for sure or a kids quad going 5 mph maybe.... :lol:

I did it both ways on a raptor and I could not tell the difference. * I’m not a pro rider.

On my Banshee and 250R had them mount paddle cup in line w/ valve stem so that  then they could be timed with hub pattern. 

Are you sure that being staggered isn't better....that way you have one paddle in the dirt at all times.

They will clock themselves. With straights anyway. Strangest thing when I first found out but after a good dune weekend, the paddles were aligned perfectly. 

It drives me nuts to see paddles off clock.

When I've got new or remounted paddles, a small adjustment of the hub gets its done.

Never had my paddles move on the wheel even when flat as hell.

It's very noticeable on a quad.  Not like on a sandcar or SxS.  Also just takes a few minutes.

Nothing different than cleaning or polishing something. 
Are you talking about traction or handling or a smoother ride?

I used to do it on quads. Looks better, felt like it was a little smoother at low speeds taking off, maybe just my imagination. 

Back