Choosing a Camshaft

Mark1981

Reaction score
Good evening,

Looking for opinions on a Camshaft.

I recently got a GM 6.0L Iron Block LC8 with 7K miles for a build I just started.  It currently has VVT which I am deleting.  It's going in a 5 seat car that will be dune'd leisurely on pump gas.  I would like a little more aggressive sound however want it to idle.  It has the 823 heads and the little research I have done pretty stout valve train as it was designed to run alternative fuels.  Looking for any opinions or advice.

Thanks in advance!  Mark 

Due to the Pistons you can only run so much lift, we have camshaft in stock for this motor for a Sand Car, Little bit more aggressive sound and a lot more lift than stock 

The stout valve train, is pretty much the same on on LS,  the only one that was really different was the LS7, you will need to change out the valve springs, 

the 823 on the Iron block had different valves then the 823 on the Aluminum blocks, the Aluminum block had sodium filled valves to make the lighter, the iron blocks has solid stem valves,  I prefer the solid stem for a sand car, will take more abuse. 

The cams we sell or from CamMotion and dual spring kits, 

Keeping an eye on the lift is crucial.  

I had someone at a speed shop in the PHX put a cam in my TBSS.  They picked it, saying it's what they put in a lot for LS2 cam swaps.  

@J Alper ended up building me a 402 after it bent a bunch of intake valves...

Keeping an eye on the lift is crucial.  

I had someone at a speed shop in the PHX put a cam in my TBSS.  They picked it, saying it's what they put in a lot for LS2 cam swaps.  

@J Alper ended up building me a 402 after it bent a bunch of intake valves...
They where trying to clearance your pistons without a Mill LOL, 

we got him setup with a 590/585 lift, that should be perfect,  

Back