Chinese Carbs

Stinky

Reaction score
I've got 2 Honda Recons, and the carbs are messed up on both of em.  I can't get the float to work, they will dribble out the overflow.

I am working on them, headed towards New Years.  The one, I didn't have any problems w/it....grrrrr.  W/the petcock off, if leaks out the overflow.  I can get a petcock off Amazon.  Machine #1 has one, and it works.  I plan to get another one.  Assuming that I can't get the float to work again...maybe damage from Ethanol, I'm gonna need a new carb.

This brings us back to Amazon.  New carbs are fairly cheap...BUT, the are Chinese and are therefore circumspect.  

Does anybody have any experience w/a chink-carb?

I thought this was a post about rice or noodles.

Try to rebuild them, rebuild kits are available on eBay and pretty straight forward for most carbs. My kids LT80 has a Chinese carb but I had to upsize the jet and it’s been fine since then. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd try a rebuild kit first. 

We got China carbs on both our 70s.  Took a while to dial them in.  Been good for the last few years.

I have used the Amazon Chinese carbs on a Suzuki LT80, zero issues, and and Raptor 350 also with zero issues.  I kept the original carbs, just in case, but these were both very cheap, direct bolt-ons and the best thing I've done to them.

I've got 2 Honda Recons, and the carbs are messed up on both of em.  I can't get the float to work, they will dribble out the overflow.

I am working on them, headed towards New Years.  The one, I didn't have any problems w/it....grrrrr.  W/the petcock off, if leaks out the overflow.  I can get a petcock off Amazon.  Machine #1 has one, and it works.  I plan to get another one.  Assuming that I can't get the float to work again...maybe damage from Ethanol, I'm gonna need a new carb.

This brings us back to Amazon.  New carbs are fairly cheap...BUT, the are Chinese and are therefore circumspect.  

Does anybody have any experience w/a chink-carb?
Damned gooks. 

I have a couple of Chi-comm carbs. Work okay, but pay attention to inlet size (not all are the same sadly) and buy a set of main jets for it. 

Strip them, then boil the bare bodies in water/vinegar. Then re-assemble with carb rebuild kits that are all made in china 🤯

I have used the Amazon Chinese carbs on a Suzuki LT80, zero issues, and and Raptor 350 also with zero issues.  I kept the original carbs, just in case, but these were both very cheap, direct bolt-ons and the best thing I've done to them.
Same.  Can't speak for other bikes but they are on both my LT80's with no issues.

Back