Chevy mechanic in San Diego?

Bansh88

Reaction score
My 2010 1500 Silverado is throwing "stabiltrak off/traction control off" at peak RPM's, going up grades.  Couple hard shifts just before.  Goes away shortly after.  No codes.

I replaced all plugs when it first happened and made it less common but still doing it.  

Research online brings up a lot but almost nothing for a fix.  A common one is deleting the AFM (active fuel management) along with swapping oil pump.

I'm afraid my abilities are spent and it's time to take it in. Any reccomendations in the east/far east county/Poway area?

Could be something simple like a dirty fuse. I would pop the hood and check this 25a fuse in the video. Hope its super dirty looking and can be cleaned. I dealt with an electrical gremlin in a friends car. Turned out to be rodent droppings and gunk on the fuse panel. Would randomly cause the radio to turn on and drain the battery dead in the middle of the night. 

I didnt watch the vid. Was just trying to find which fuse controls your stabilitrak. 

mine came on all the time, more when it was really hot outside.

it was the steering angle sensor on the column underneath, replaced it and fixed it.

However I did not have the hard shifts

My 2010 1500 Silverado is throwing "stabiltrak off/traction control off" at peak RPM's, going up grades.  Couple hard shifts just before.  Goes away shortly after.  No codes.

I replaced all plugs when it first happened and made it less common but still doing it.  

Research online brings up a lot but almost nothing for a fix.  A common one is deleting the AFM (active fuel management) along with swapping oil pump.

I'm afraid my abilities are spent and it's time to take it in. Any reccomendations in the east/far east county/Poway area?
Sounds like the Effin “epc” light i get every few thousand miles on my vw. Apparently cleaning the throttle body fixes it as this is always what the dealer does. Eff these new cars im sellin the pos and getting and 03 under tdi

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like the Effin “epc” light i get every few thousand miles on my vw. Apparently cleaning the throttle body fixes it as this is always what the dealer does. Eff these new cars im sellin the pos and getting and 03 under tdi
Cleaning throttle body today as a last stand.

I'll check wops video too

My wife’s Tahoe did the same thing. Hers was the intake came off the throttle body. Happened twice. The second time I cleaned the throttle body while I was in there. 

Sweet F-ing Jesus.  My throttle body was nasty and center position was thrown off by 3/4" at least.

I'll Never use a K&N on a street vehicle again.  My buddy mechanic told me this 4 years ago when he cleaned my throttle body.  

Hope my computer can reset to normal with driving.   Last time, I needed a computer to force the butterfly back to normal set.

20211003_112049.jpg

20211003_112249.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The other problem with k&n and filters alike is when you oil them. If you put too much oil on, it can get flung onto the MAF sensor and throw it out of whack.

mine wouldn't even idle with ac on, it would die. but all i run is the cheap gas

Back