Chatter in neutral

Trevor

Reaction score
What is your guy’s opinion or experience on a chatter when letting the clutch out when the car in is neutral. As soon as you press the clutch pedal in it stops immediately. 

Trans is a mendeola 2d hooked to a turbo 3.5 honda

Id lean towards a bad release bearing (throw out bearing).  Time to pull the trans unfortunately

Is the noise coming from the bell housing area or front nose cone area?

Use any type of listening rod, socket extensions, etc and place it on the metal, the other against your ear, you'll hear it

What is your guy’s opinion or experience on a chatter when letting the clutch out when the car in is neutral. As soon as you press the clutch pedal in it stops immediately. 
I just went through this with my Transaxle.  It turned out to be the input shaft bearing going bad.

Have an 091 but it was making a rumbling noise in neutral push in clutch went away.Some said throw out bearing but that doesnt make contact til clutch is pushed in so i had to toss that out.

Had my guy take it and go through the trans front mainshaft bearing was toast

I would say since it stops when you step on clutch pedal, it is either a pilot bearing or input shaft bearing. I would go first for pilot bearing.

Main shaft bearing. By buddy goes through one almost every season. It's on the front end of the trans. It can be done with the trans in car if you have room to pull the front cap. My friend can do his in a few hrs.

Back