Changing 934 flanges to 930 flanges 2D

ss396

Reaction score
I have a 2D trans that has 934 drive flanges but the cv's and outer hubs i have are 930's. Ill be running a stock 5.3 so was going to change them out for 930's was wondering if i should take it to a trans shop for this or if anyone would want to trade flanges? looking for the easiest way to do this

If you can manage to run the 934s you'll be miles ahead but if not, then I heard it's a pretty simple swap. Something like removing the covers, and releasing the lock clip on each side. I could be wrong but I'm about to do the same swap soon. Already have the 934s stubs and not sure if I'll be keeping the 930s around too as I'm building a 2nd car. Good luck. 

do it your self do one side at a time pretty easy i changed one at the wall in my car

One side at a time is the key. If you take them both out the center section (diff and ring gear) will fall out of position. It's not hard I did a set last year.

Another option is to keep the 934 flanges and 930 hubs and have Fortin make you a 930 CV star broached for a 934 axle.  My buddy @Fisher855 ran that exact combo on his Racer sand truck for years.

Another option is to keep the 934 flanges and 930 hubs and have Fortin make you a 930 CV star broached for a 934 axle.  My buddy @Fisher855 ran that exact combo on his Racer sand truck for years.
So the you can run two different sizes CVs just the axle spline/ diameter are different 

IMO, This would be the way to go.  my trans CVs are a good 15* hotter than my wheel CVs, and the 3 other cars in my group that all have 934's.  and they are showing more wear than the wheel CV's & they were all installed @ the same time. 

I have the 934 to 930 adapters on my rail and it is a perfect setup.  Way easier and cheaper than having the trans broken down and parts swapped.

Last edited by a moderator:
As already mentioned a few times, it is not a difficult task and can be done with a 9/16" socket, flat blade screwdriver, and plastic/rubber mallet. (Will also need (2) 5/16"x18x1.5" long bolts to remove the side cover from the trans)

As said, do one side at a time, remove the spiral clip holding the flange from the inside, knock out the old flange, knock in the new flange, install clip and reinstall on the trans. Should take less than 2 hours.

I might have a set of 930 flanges, If I have them I'll trade you. I'll check tonight if you're want.

Buy new seals and change those when you're in there too. I would recommend that if you change the flanges. 

Is it just a basic remove then reinstall for the side cover. I pulled mine for a different reason then just bolted it back on. I lost some fluid but there was no sealant on the side cover. Is this correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back