Canyon lake storage Fire

I know at least 12 people that either lost their Motorhome or boat in the fire.  Fire was intense for sure, I could hear propane tanks and tires exploding for an hour and half from my house.  75 firefighters were on scene, sirens for over an hour coming to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looked really bad, the whole center row burnt...the ones that appeared under a roof covered area.

Something you never think would happen ... but thinking about how fast it could spread with all the RVs close together, it makes sense .. I feel bad for everyone involved ... the bright side is that right now they probably have the highest resale value of the last few years  which should help with insurance payouts

Something you never think would happen ... but thinking about how fast it could spread with all the RVs close together, it makes sense .. I feel bad for everyone involved ... the bright side is that right now they probably have the highest resale value of the last few years  which should help with insurance payouts
Insurance payouts will be good, replacing everything could be tougher.  People's summer plans certainly got altered.  

@crusty the entire center row was covered storage, turned into a oven once flames started.  Everything on the outside is damage bad as well, plastic caps and tail lights melted, buddies windshield partly melted and shattered.  There will be some totaled units on the perimeter as well.  Haven't see the inside of the units yet, they aren't letting the owners in yet to see the damage.

Wow, that's even worse then the video I saw when it was live.

Sucks for each of those owners...

Man that sucks on so many levels..All yore stuff gone and now a battle with the ins co...Bummer

Be interesting to read the forensics on where and how it started.  The people that analyze these have quite the knowledge. Unfortunately I learned about it from being with one of them after my moms house fire.  The fire at her house was traced with staining on the concrete in the patio. He could tell direction, source and what accelerated the fire.   

One of the news outlets said something about it starting with propane when they first reported it. I don't put any weight on news outlets because none of them actually verify anything, they just repeat stuff they saw on social media.

"I heard"...............that someone was putting their Moho back in storage after filling up the tank, when he got out, the rear of the Moho was on fire.  He tried to put it out with an extinguisher to no avail..................who knows, I can't imagine it being propane though.  Even if there was a propane leak, still need something to ignite it and most people have everything turned off in storage.

"I heard"...............that someone was putting their Moho back in storage after filling up the tank, when he got out, the rear of the Moho was on fire.  He tried to put it out with an extinguisher to no avail..................who knows, I can't imagine it being propane though.  Even if there was a propane leak, still need something to ignite it and most people have everything turned off in storage.
That makes more sense than a propane leak. 

I bet there was plenty of damage to the unburned units from heat/smoke etc too

I bet there was plenty of damage to the unburned units from heat/smoke etc too
My buddies windshield.  They get to go inside tomorrow to see what it looks like, fire department still has it locked down.

jacks.jpg

And the rv repair shops are already slammed. Add these to the mix that are salvageable. 

Wow its way worse than when I first saw it looking at these pics - the "high rent" covered is obviously gone - all the RV's likely have some damage even just that intenser heat will internally fracture plastic . 

Be interesting to read the forensics on where and how it started.  The people that analyze these have quite the knowledge. Unfortunately I learned about it from being with one of them after my moms house fire.  The fire at her house was traced with staining on the concrete in the patio. He could tell direction, source and what accelerated the fire.   
Polaris rzr hopefully innocent

Back