Can-Am X3 XRS Tune & Clutch Question

DereksMagic

Reaction score
Going to be calling some tune / clutch places tomorrow to order a tune to flash the ecu and do the clutch / waste gate etc.    anything short of having to go to bigger injectors / engine mods and keeping it on 91 pump gas.  

I only ride out in the sand dunes in Glamis.  That’s it. Nowhere else.   Not using it to drag race on flats or up hills.  Strictly just duning.  I’m trying to keep up with some fast sand cars. 

Just looking to get more torque out of it to be able to wheelie it a bit off rollers / hills, and have it be more snappy.  

Looking at Whalen Speed, Evolution Powersports, IBEXX, and ????

2 questions. 

1. What are some good questions to be asking these companies to compare them to one another?

2. Who do you recommend going with? Who is more tuned for specially what I do out in the sand and has the more reliable set up? 

If you’ve had experience with more than 1 place and prefer one over the other, I’d like to know why.  

Thanks.

Going to be calling some tune / clutch places tomorrow to order a tune to flash the ecu and do the clutch / waste gate etc.    anything short of having to go to bigger injectors / engine mods and keeping it on 91 pump gas.  

I only ride out in the sand dunes in Glamis.  That’s it. Nowhere else.   Not using it to drag race on flats or up hills.  Strictly just duning.  I’m trying to keep up with some fast sand cars. 

Just looking to get more torque out of it to be able to wheelie it a bit off rollers / hills, and have it be more snappy.  

Looking at Whalen Speed, Evolution Powersports, IBEXX, and ????

2 questions. 

1. What are some good questions to be asking these companies to compare them to one another?

2. Who do you recommend going with? Who is more tuned for specially what I do out in the sand and has the more reliable set up? 

If you’ve had experience with more than 1 place and prefer one over the other, I’d like to know why.  

Thanks.
What year is your Can Am?  

I ran a Whalen 91 octane tune and KWI float mod and clutch kit on my 2018.  It was a good set up.  I had a lot of miles on my car with the Whalen tune and no issues.

KWI clutching and Whalen do a lot of testing together.  

Evo has a nice 91 octane tune and clutch kit.  

Back