Can Am X3 oil change

Azdunerat

Reaction score
I finally got around to changing the oil on the X3 this morning.  Overall it was not a big a pain in the arse as I was expecting.  

I did order the fast labs funnel which kept the mess to a minimum. I also purchased a funnel with an extended tube that allowed me to fill the oil from the top of the bed. It took me about 45 minutes and will probably be half of that next time. 

You had the advantage of knowing what was needed to not make it a complete mess.  The messy part is oil filter. 

You do the front diff and trans fluid?  Might as well do it all at the same time. 

Agreed on the information. I was thinking about taking it to the dealer just in case but they wanted 500.00 plus to do the engine and rear diff. 

youtube was pretty damn helpful. 

thank you for the suggestion on the diff service. I ordered the gear oil and will get that done this week before heading to flagstaff for the weekend. 

Front Diff does not take much.  It is stamped on the Diff case (400ml I believe).   I have found the trans takes more fluid then listed in the manual.  The trans has a dipstick so it is easy to put in the recommended amount and check.    I use Lucas Oil 75w-140 for the trans and the BRP/Can Am stuff for the front diff.   

I ordered 2 quarts of the 74-140w XPS gear oil. Should be enough for the front and rear. 

Was wondering what Oil did you Run.. I see the Factory 5/40 oil is a Synthetic Blend and the Factory 10/50 is Full Synthetic

10/50 full synthetic. 
Ok cool I assume the BRP oil?? I looked on Amazon as they sell the entire kit.. My only stupid question was the 10/50 is Full Synthetic and the 5/40 is only semi Synthetic

Are you guys using the canam oils for the front and rear diffs or can it run the stuff at autozone, i saw valvoline full synthetic 75/140 but had some kind of friction modifier so i didnt buy it

I just order the oil change kit from Rocky Mountain ATV and the BRP gear oil too. You’ll need more than 1 bottle for the rear. The manual is wrong on mine (2017XRS)

Back