Can Am X3 front swaybar fun

Sand Shark

Reaction score
Finally snapped my front swaybar on my 2021 Can An X3 after 2600 miles.  Actually surprised is lasted this long.  On my old X3 I broke 2 stock front swaybars, the links a few times, and even an Eibach front swaybar.  Seems they improved the swaybar for 2021.

I think it broke when I sent it a littler farther than anticipated over a riser/transition.  It kicked my car up higher than I thought and off to the side a bit.  Landed on my front drivers side wheel first and I think the impact was enough to snap it.  Interestingly the stock swaybar link did not break.  In the past when I have broken a front sway bar it broke in the middle or in the mounting bushing.  

It has been a while since I have driven a X3 without a front swaybar.  Car likes to push more in the turns and you have to set up for it.   I will be ordering a new one as they are around $80 on Rocky Mountain ATV. 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

I haven’t had my front bar connected for years.  But I do drive in 4wd all the time.  I like how the car feels when I’m doing some slow rock crawling. 

I haven’t had my front bar connected for years.  But I do drive in 4wd all the time.  I like how the car feels when I’m doing some slow rock crawling. 
I run in 4wd as well.  On my old car I ran without a front swaybar when Ed "Poundsand" did my shocks.  When Tom Morris did the shocks I put it back on and prefer to run the front swaybar.   

I don't do much rock crawling.  

Push on turn in, but oversteer once settled?  Usually the end with more wheel rate will lose grip first since it's loaded more.

Push on turn in, but oversteer once settled?  Usually the end with more wheel rate will lose grip first since it's loaded more.
I noticed the push in turns more than anything.  

Back