Can-Am recommendations?

ChicagoDuner

Reaction score
What model Can-Am Maverick would you recommend I purchase for the dunes?  Probably looking at a 4 seater 

I'm a long time atv duner looking to make the switch to the SxS world.  

For dunes and or desert I would choose 

MAVERICK X3 X RS TURBO RR WITH SMART-SHOX

• ORV-MY22-Unit-IIntenseBlue-CarbonBlack-ChalkGray.png
    ORV-MY22-Unit-DesertTan-CarbonBlack-CanAmRed.png
    ORV-MY22-Unit-Triple-Black.png

LEGENDS NEVER STAND STILL. Run at the front of any pack with 3 of your friends, 200 horsepower & Smart-Lok™ Differential featuring Trail Activ mode.

Starting at $31,399

i

Transport and preparation not included.
    Logistics surcharge of $350 will apply.
    Special Offers Get Loan Offers

CUSTOMIZE MY OWN

Protection

Integrated front bumper, Quarter-doors, Full roof, 4-point harness with shoulder pads, HMWPE full skid plate
  •  
    Differencial

Lockable front Differential with exclusive Smart-Lok™ technology. 4WD TRAIL ACTIV / 4WD TRAIL / 2WD / 4WD with front diff. lock
  •  
    Shocks

Front: FOX† 2.5 PODIUM RC2† Piggyback / Rear: FOX† 3.0 PODIUM RC2† Piggyback
  •  
    Suspension

Front: Trophy truck inspired double A-arm with sway bar / Rear: 4-link TTX with sway bar
  •  
    Features

7.6 in. digital display with keypad, 850w magneto, X-package graphics/seats/signature, Rear tow hook

Download spec sheet

[*]
ORV-SSV-MY22-MaverickX3-MAX-XRSSAS-TurboRR-Triple-Black-SKU0009NNL00-Studio-34FR-NA.png

MAVERICK X3 MAX X RS TURBO RR WITH SMART-SHOX

Starting at $33,099

Transport and preparation not included.
Logistics surcharge of $350 will apply.

• packages_performance.svg
     Performance
  •  Desert / Dunes

ORV-MY22-Unit-IIntenseBlue-CarbonBlack-ChalkGray.png
ORV-MY22-Unit-DesertTan-CarbonBlack-CanAmRed.png
ORV-MY22-Unit-Triple-Black.png

• 200 hp
  • 72 in. width
  • 22 in. (55.9 cm) of suspension travel 
  • Smart-Shox Technology, Smart-Lok featuring 4WD TRAIL ACTIV mode, Trophy truck inspired double A-arms
  • 32 in. Maxxis Carnivore† tires, 14 in. cast-aluminum beadlock wheels

I will have to say when I drove the new Polaris Pro R  with the new 225Hp NA  2.0 motor.  It blew my mind. Great power and handling and defiantly a next level UTV. I did drive the 2 and 4 seater for 30 mins each threw some gnarly desert terrain .  I will get one but not their first year model. With that said I am stoked with my current Can Am and feel it is the best option for what is out currently.   

Not a bad deal on  SU, Fun Sand car for sure.  Im pretty sure I bought a Mrs Pac Man from you years ago, Are you still building any 70's 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a bad deal on  SU, Fun Sand car for sure.  Im pretty sure I bought a Mrs Pac Man from you years ago, Are you still building any 70's 
Is this Danny G ?????? This was my garage today!!!!  Stsrted over on rebuilding some of the families atc 70s

good times!!!

:poule:

2131E60E-8924-45B6-B8A1-18AEE127128A.jpeg

669A20CD-27DD-4AB1-AC28-48BF7CFE2CD7.jpeg

0FDEBD7B-5C26-49CE-A650-696F7602F9B0.jpeg

9C1116B2-0E01-458F-871F-CE01C0E09CDC.jpeg

MAVERICK X3 X RS TURBO RR WITH SMART-SHOX
A buddy of mine just bought one, I had the chance to ride with him at Glamis. He runs a full set of Skat Trak sand tires, we messed with the suspension setting switch and I was overall impressed with the car. Soooo comfortable and the 4 seat wheelbase didn't bother me. Also, if you watch enough episodes of Matts Off Road Recovery on youtube, you'll never by a RZR as the amount of RZRs with wadded up front suspension he pulls out of the dunes astounds me...

Matts Off Road Recovery on youtube, you'll never by a RZR as the amount of RZRs with wadded up front suspension he pulls out of the dunes astounds me...
You know he has a contract with the outfit that rents them and they only rent the RzR's right.

Get the the 72" wide RR model (200hp).   Smart shock set up works well and if you do not like to tinker with shocks it is the way to go.  If you like tinkering with shocks and plan of getting the shocks done (valving and springs) get the non-smart shock set up.  

The 2022 Can Am X3 has lots of good improvements.  

You know he has a contract with the outfit that rents them and they only rent the RzR's right.
Nope, didn't realize that, thx for the heads up. definitely explains why its always RZRs he's dragging outta sand hollow...

Poule43, Your garage still looks the same as it did 20+ years ago, The pac man machine worked great for many years and went to a good home 
Is this Danny G ??????????????????????????????? I STILL have my KISS vans you got me!!!!!!

Is this Danny G ??????????????????????????????? I STILL have my KISS vans you got me!!!!!!
No its Steven B , But I do in joy some Peter Cris, Ace Freely, Gene Simons and Paul Stanley lol, I bet the Vans Danny gave you are cool, I love my White outs he gave me. Small World     

Back