CAB OVER CAMPER FLATBED TRAILER

Big_Daddy_Jp

Reaction score
Anyone have one or had one built? Looks to be a cheaper way to have a toyhauler. What are your thoughts?

I like the ones that people take a long gooseneck trailer and put a short 5th wheel house on the front and leave enough for the toy out back

I’m not sure what is the point of these half camper, half deck trailer? Why would you not want a full Toyhauler if your going the trailer route. A full box gives you more living space. 

I’m not sure what is the point of these half camper, half deck trailer? Why would you not want a full Toyhauler if your going the trailer route. A full box gives you more living space. 
Usually if your toy is too wide, tall or heavy for a traditional toyhauler.  First few I saw were with big tire'd rock crawling jeeps. 

Usually if your toy is too wide, tall or heavy for a traditional toyhauler.  First few I saw were with big tire'd rock crawling jeeps. 
I guess that makes sense. I have a Motorhome & open trailer, so I’d figure if your toys don’t fit in a Toyhauler you would just go the RV & trailer route.

The cool thing is there’s something for everyone, even a bus hauler!

AC178572-9F5C-420C-A1CC-814818F09966.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the ones that people take a long gooseneck trailer and put a short 5th wheel house on the front and leave enough for the toy out back
This it the route I'm planning on going. Not because of price, cabovers are expensive for what they are, but for the greater ability in hauliing.  I wouldn't be able to get either of my Jeeps in a conventional TH.

Here is the reason why I’m asking. I got a toy hauler from my bro n law last year for my son. It had a lot of water damage with the floor due to a roof vent being left open for years! I started the project but it seems the more corners I turn the more chit I find wrong. I’ve now decided if I run into one more major problem I will cut my losses and turn this toy hauler into a flat bed trailer. Since this was supposed to be a start for my son with his own place I started thinking about putting a camper on the front. Just thought I would see if anyone here has done it. 

Back