Buying fuel at Downs Enegry stations

Grease Monkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Downs is a fleet fuel supplier and they have several stations in the Riverside and surrounding areas.  All of the manned stations have the option to purchase without a fleet card or account. The station I would like to buy from in Riverside has E85 and at better prices. Problem is its an un-manned station and will only accept fleet cards. CFN, Voyager, Fleetwide etc.

The application for a card is for an open account (new credit), I really dont want to open another fuel account just for this. Also seems the fuel card network is reciprocal, so most national card programs will work there. 

Any insight on other card networks or memberships that I can enroll in without opening another credit account and just use my credit or debit card to pay after I log in with a fleet card?

Guess I may not know exactly how it works.

I called Downs and they told me to fill out their credit application.

When I had an account there, I tried to use their cards elsewhere and got denied.  But setting up an account with them was easy, I used to get all my race gas there.  Bummer they only have E85 at the Riverside location.  Love how big the stations are, no issues pulling your RV in there to fuel everything up.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about this one E?

https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/

See if that station takes this card? My neighbor and some GD'rs use this at Pilot and Loves and it works. You create an account & register your bank account (ATM) and they send you a card to use. Its gets drawn from the account.

I have the TSD and it work good. I have used it at most truck stops. Some give bigger discounts and out of network charges a buck. but sometime I save up to 50 cents a gallon in the network.

What about this one E?

https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/

See if that station takes this card? My neighbor and some GD'rs use this at Pilot and Loves and it works. You create an account & register your bank account (ATM) and they send you a card to use. Its gets drawn from the account.

Thanks Matt,

Went to their site and this is what I found.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

Where does your card work? Answer: All major truck stop but we only get a discount at certain location.  Use the TSD Open Roads app to look for in-network fuel stops.
Does the card work in Canada? Answer: Yes, however, our discounts are not as good in Canada as they are in the States.
Can you tie the card to a credit card? Answer: No. We can only ACH from a bank account.
Why do you need my Social Security Number? Answer: We do not do a credit check. We ask for your social security number in the event that we cannot collect a payment, we need this number to file a claim.
Does the card work for gas? Answer: Not yet.  Coming soon!
Is there a set amount of discount per gallon? Answer: No. Our discounts vary by chain and store. The more gallons our company as a whole purchases the bigger the discounts.
Can I use the car lane in the front or the designated RV Lanes? No, you must go through the commercial lanes in the back to receive the discount.
Can you purchase DEF with the card? Answer: Yes, however there may be little to no discount on the DEF portion of the purchase.
How long from the time I receive my statement, is it drafted from my account? Answer: 2-5 business days
How do I know how much savings I received if it does not show at the pump or on the printed out receipt? Answer: You have multiple ways to know how much per gallon you are paying. You can download the TSD Open Roads App which will show you your fuel with the correct amount in the transactions You will also receive a statement from us the next business day after you fuel that will show your gallons purchased, the discount, our fee and the amount that will be drafted from your account
What is the daily gallon limit on cards? Answer: 400 gallons per day
Who can apply? Answer: Anyone who purchases diesel-Truck, RVs, buses.
What is the 65 cent fee on some of my transactions? Answer: Some stores charge you a 65 cent fee each time you fuel.
What is the difference between my pin number and my control number? Answer: Your pin number is the number you created when you received the card. Your control number is the last 4 of your social security.
Why is the actual price you pay different than what is listed in the state of Oregon? Answer: Oregon charges an additional 36 cents fuel price for their state fuel taxes. We as a company don’t have the permit to be able to not be charged that tax so the 36 cents will need to be calculated back into the discounted price that is listed.

I buy all my race fuel from Downs off Magnolia and just go during business hours and see the lady in the office. It’s kind of a long process. I need to go see her, she takes my money and gives me a card, I go get fuel and then have to return the card to her. Once a year, I need to fill out the form saying I’m only using it to race in sanctioned events. 

I only use race fuel in my 250r so I’m ok doing it once or twice a season. I wouldn’t get another credit card for it. 

Now the TSD card has been awesome. I calculated it and saved almost $500 on our summer trip in 2020. But, I don’t think it’ll work in a place for race fuel. 

Back