BUGGY INSURANCE

NBOSTICK

Reaction score
What carriers are currently writing cars 50k and over?

I have not found many. I heard state farm out of cali does.

Yup no problem in AZ with state farm.  They don't really like just writing buggy's but they do and go at least to 150k

I thought Hagerty was just for people who were way too deep $$ in a project and need it to disappear so they could get most or atleast some of their money back because now they can't afford or don't want to finish it or lost interest or something like that. Just what I heard somewhere one time.

Not Hagerty, got my Alumicraft insured for $150k through Grundy. Have to have other vehicles with them though.

Most carriers cap out at 30K.  There are a few in AZ that will go above that (State Farm is one of them). If you have a home in AZ (and package it with the sand car) you can use Midwest Family Insurance. 1 million CSL is awesome coverage. My Gen 4 is insured for 75K Agreed Value, with a $500 deductible it is $482.00 per year. 

Hagerty won't insure sand cars. Even if they are street legal. I have spoken with underwriting several times and it's a hard pass. 

I have an agency in Scottsdale AZ, if you are interested in a quote please reach out. 

I am interested in over 50K in CA as well. Had a few numbers to call in the past from earlier threads - none were writing new policies.  

I know of (in our group and associated groups) 3 flipped and severely damaged SxS's that happened over TG that were insured for full value (thats over 60K) and got fixed by New Years, and one that was stolen and got full replacement at 68K... 

I am struggling to find 50K on my sandcar that has over double that invested ... its frustrating

And I did try Hagerty as well since I have other cars with them - they said NO sand cars, but they said they get the inquiry often

Last edited by a moderator:
Back